Chapter 96

Xion led us to the entrance of the dungeon. It was a stone staircase leading down to the ground. The air was ominous, almost as if daring us to enter.

  "This is it," Xion said. "The dungeon that appeared."

  "It looks...different than the one we completed," Ruby commented. "And different from the other one as well."

  "Maybe Kichi was right, and it's not a normal dungeon," Sora suggested.

  "That's the feeling I'm getting," Han grumbled as he looked down the staircase.

  "Whatever it is," Xion started. "It needs to be cleared." She looked at me. "Do you think you can do that?"

  "....Maybe," I said after a short staring contest. "No promises, though."

  "I wasn't planning on you making any," she snorted a reply.

  "Mmm," I hummed diffidently. "What kind of monsters did you experience in there?" I asked.

  "Kemlits and Cobalds," Xion answered. "Monsters native to the Rengon Kingdom. I don't know what they're doing in the Prostetian Kingdom."

  "Kemlits are like Goblins," Azrael explained to me. "Except much more dangerous. They excel in earth magic and like to dig into the walls to attack their prey. Cobalts are small, bipedal pig-like creatures. They charge ahead with speed and strength that surpasses Orcs. They're also highly intellectual creatures, even though they aren't evolved."

  "This is going to be fun! New enemies."

  "Egh. Why are you smiling like that?" Xion asked in detest.

  "Shit, I'm smiling?" I laughed nervously. "My bad."

  "Don't do it again. You look creepy."

  "NYA!" I hooked the back of Nia's collar just as she lunged at Xion. "I'm tired of you berating my darling!" She hissed. "It's not his fault you got kidnapped and taken hostage! Maybe if you were stronger, you could have protected yourself and cleared this dungeon, but you need his help for both of those!"

  "And he only helped with one of those, and we don't even know if he can do that since he couldn't do the other."

  "Haha..." I laughed weakly. She was right. She deserved to be mad at me. I was asked to save her and declined. That would upset anyone, regardless of the situation. "Let's not-"

  "That doesn't matter!" Nia growled. "You keep calling my mate weak, but you know NYOTHING! You don't know what he's risked! The danger he's put himself in! The danger he's constantly in!"

  "Nia..." I watched as tears filled her eyes.

  "Yet despite that, despite knowing the risk, he still came here! Have you ever wondered why he didn't save you? Thought about his true reason, or have you just been blaming him!?" Xion took a step back. "You're selfish! You never thought about the danger he would be in had he nyot declined the request to help you! You-" I cut her off as I embraced her.

  "It's okay, Nia," I said softly as I petted her head. "It's okay." Her claws dug into my chest as she cried softly.

  "I dyon't like this." She sobbed. "You're doing too myuch." She meowed as she looked up at me. "You need to slow down. What if-"

  "They won't." I rested my forehead to hers. "They won't find out the truth," I spoke softly. "I'll do everything in my power to ensure they never find out the truth about you, me, or Nana. Even if that means being belittled. Even if it means being mocked or called a coward. I will take the weight of it all. I will take the world's attention and turn it on me so you and Nana don't have to shoulder it. I will protect you."

  "Oh, Kichirou." Her emerald green eyes sparkled as she stared into my vibrant yellow eyes. "I love you!" She pressed her lips to mine, her tongue shoving down my throat and dancing around mine.

Notice:
You have kissed Nia.
All stats increased by 3,000

Extra Quest:
Kiss Nana

Reward:
All stats increased by 10,000

  My eyes nearly burst from their sockets as I read the second message, but I wasn't able to think anything of it as Nana lunged at me.

  "That's not fair, Bunny!" She cried. "Kiss me! Kiss me! I love you too! Kiss me!"

  "No, Nana!" I put my hand to her mouth and held her back. "Stop it! I don't care how strong I get; I will never kiss you!"

  "Don't be me-wait." She moved my hand from her mouth. "Are you saying you'll get stronger by kissing me since you're the Hero of Love?"

  "....N-No."

  "You're lying!" She squeaked as she jumped up and down. "That means the God's approve of us! Now kiss me!"

  "No! Nonononono!" I ducked and dodged around her as she attempted to grab me. "Never! NEVER!" I yelled as I ran into the dungeon.

  "HEY!" Xion cried out. "Don't just run in there!" She chased after me. "There are tr-YAAAAAA!"

  "Eh?" My eyes widened as the ground underneath us opened.

  "BUNNY!" Nana cried as she dived for my hand. Our fingers touched briefly before I plummeted down, and the hole closed.

  "Damn, did I just fall for a pitfall trap?" I asked as we fell at increasing speeds.

  "YOU DID! YOU DID!" Xion screamed as we fell. "YOU COMPLETE IDIOT! WE'RE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!"

  "Eh, maybe you will, but not me," I said as I started doing flips and twists like an acrobat.

  "What's that supposed to mean!?"

  "Heh," I smiled wickedly as I sat crisscross, grabbed my feet, and turned upside down with my face inches from hers.

  "What? Why are you staring at me like that!" She demanded.

  "Do you want me to save you?" I asked.

  "LIKE YOU COULD!"

  "Alright then," I shrugged. "But," I looked up for me, which was down for her. "The ground looks pretty close." She looked down.

  "KYAA! Okay! Save me!" She begged.

  "Then show me your panties." I grinned.

  "W-What!?" Her face flushed.

  "You heard me," I said as I began spinning and flipping again. "I don't think I have the time to repeat myself."

  "Y-Y-You...f-f-fine!" She stuttered as she grabbed her skirt hem. My eyes widened as I twisted upside down and drew closer. "K-K-Kichirou," she lifted her skirt. "You're such a pervert."

  "Pink, huh?" I commented.

  "Just shut up and save me!" She demanded. "Unless...You lied to me and just wanted to see my panties before we-huh?" She cut herself off as I flipped right-side up and pulled her close. "What are you-"

  "Here we go!" I laughed as the ground closed in.

  "YAAAAAA! WE'RE GONNA DIE!" She closed her eyes. In that moment I created a ripple at our feet that stopped our fall. "WE'RE...." She stopped as she realized we were no longer falling. "Not gonna die?" She questioned as I deactivated the ripple and let her go.

  "Huh..." I muttered as I looked around.

  There didn't seem to be anything special about the dungeon. Cracked, mossy stone walls. A dank, moist smell, and dim lights created from the torches that littered the walls.

  "Looks basic," I grumbled as I began walking.

  "W-wait for me!" Xion squeaked as she ran to me. "What...what was that?" She asked. "We were falling. How did you-" I turned to look at her with glowing yellow eyes as I placed a finger over my mouth.

  "That's a secret."