Chapter 116

"No, Nora!" I rebelled as I attempted to grab her. She crawled to the other side of my shoulder, and I tried again, only for her to repeat the process. "Damnit! You can't come with me!" I grabbed her ears and dangled her in front of me.

  "Ah!" She moaned. "Not so rough, Bunny."

  "EEEK!" I dropped her, and she quickly climbed up and around my back to my shoulder.

  "And yes, I can come with you." She replied. "And I will."

  "No, you can't!" I barked. "You're a rabbit that can talk!"

  "So are you." She frowned.

  "Yeah, but I look Human."

  "Then I won't talk."

  "I doubt you can pull that off," I snorted.

  "What are you trying to say, Bunny?" Nora kicked my head.

  "Damnit! Don't do that! And I mean what I said. You talk a lot, and I know you won't be able to keep your mouth shut when the girls fawn over me."

  "You think they fawn over you?" She laughed. "I bet you charm them constantly. That's the only reason they would fawn."

  "What's that supposed to mean!?" I demanded.

  "Have you seen yourself? No girl would fawn over a man with eyes like th-HEY!" She began climbing around my body as I attempted to grab her again.

  "I've already established with them that it's not because of my charming that they like me! Plus, I can't control the damn ability anymore anyway."

  "You were never able to control it in the first place," she sneered as she climbed under my groan and up my back. "Or did you think you could?"

  "Huh?" I thought about it, and she was right. Bunny had never been able to control the ability either. It activated whenever it wanted to.

  He did, however, believe he could control it because it always activated when he wanted and only sometimes when he didn't want it to. When it came to me, it always activated when I didn't want it to and never when I wanted it.

  I remembered confiding in Nora about that when I had Charmed her once years ago. She asked me why I was doing it and said I had no reason to Charm her, as she was already in love with me. I hadn't known I was charming her, so I told her that the skill activated on its own sometimes.

  She laughed at me and asked how I had no control over such a powerful skill and if it had always been like that. I told her it had and that I had been born with the skill maxed out. I assumed that was why I was never able to control it.

  "I...guess you're right," I muttered.

  "So," Nora pressed closer to my neck. "Since you can't control it, how do you know they genuinely love you?"

  "You aren't talking me out of returning to my wives," I snorted.

  "Wives!" Nora gasped. "More than o-" she paused as she took note of the scar on my neck. "Bunny..." her face darkened. "What's that?"

  "Hu-OW!" I cried out as she rammed her head into my neck.

  "You know what I'm talking about! The bite mark! What is it?! Did you...become Mates with a Nekomorian?"

  "....I did." I laughed softly. "Can you blame me? I mean, cat girls reign supreme, after-ACK!" She jabbed her paw into my throat.

  "You stupid, useless, ugly, good-for-nothing rabbit!" She bombarded me with insults. "Cat girls this, cat girls that. It's always cat girls with you! What about rabbit girls!?"

  "Bunny...you were a man of culture?! I RESPECT YOU!"

  "You are Bunny, you useless vessel." Azrael snorted.

  "BITE ME!"

  "Says the dog."

  "I'm a rabbit!"

  "You aren't even a rabbit girl!" I barked. "You're just a rabbit!"

  "I'm also a girl!"

  "Not a Human girl!"

  "Screw you!"

  "Again?"

  "Not like that! I hate you, Bunny! You're so mean to me!"

  "Blah blah bl-AGH!" Her paw jabbed into my throat again. "DAMNIT, NORA! ST-AGH!" We stared at each other for a while before erupting into laughter. "You haven't changed at all, have you?" I asked as I began walking through the forest.

  "Nope." She replied with pride.

  "Well, if you're going to come with me, we need to set some rules. Ones you need to take seriously."

  "Okay!" She beamed a smile.

  The first rule was that she couldn't speak, regardless of how badly she wanted to. If she did, she risked putting not just me, Nana, and Nia in danger but all Evolved Monsters.

  The second rule was that she would have to play the part of a pet. She would listen to what I said and do as I said, no arguments. She didn't like that, and she said she refused to do that. I managed to talk her into it, but only after she gave me some demands of her own.

  My third and final rule was that she had to stay with me at all times. By that, I meant if we went into a village or town, she would stay on my shoulder or in my arms so I could hold her. She had no arguments about that one.

  Not long after telling her the rules, we arrived back at the campsite.

  "Sleep with me, Bunny," Nora said.

  "Just sleep on my chest or something," I grumbled.

  "No. Sleep with me in your rabbit form. I want to snuggle up to you." She rubbed her head into the crevice of my neck.

  "I can't do that, Nora." I frowned. "What happens if they wake up before me and see two rabbits? They'll wonder where I went, and then what?"

  "Hmph." She puffed her cheeks. "Fine. I'll settle with sleeping on your chest. Just don't look at me with those fiendish eyes."

  "Tsk." I clicked my tongue as I lay down. "Whatever," I muttered as I closed my eyes. "I'm going to sleep."

  "Mkay." She hopped onto my chest and rested her head below my chin. "Goodnight, Bunny." I reached a hand up and softly stroked her ears and head.

  "Goodnight, Nora."