Chapter 51

"Here," Ezra snorted as she shoved an envelope into my chest.

  "Hey!" I complained before looking at it. "What's this?"

  "A letter," she frowned. "What else?"

  "Okay, but what's in the letter?"

  "Does it look like it's been opened?"

  "Tsk," I clicked my tongue. "Damned Ice Queen."

  "What was that!" She demanded as frost began to steam off her.

  "EEEK! I was joking!" I had no idea she actually used ice magic. And from the Mana I read from her, she was advanced in it.

  "Were you?" She stepped forward. "Because the whole guild calls me that. I think you mean it."

  "I-If the whole guild does it, punish them, not me!" I cried as the air around me began to grow colder and colder until I started shivering. Whatever magic she was using didn't seem to affect my party members. In fact, they had stepped away and were looking around as if nothing was happening.

  "Cowards!"

  "It's you I have the problem with." She was inches from my face now, and my skin began to freeze slowly. "I hate those eyes of yours. The way you look at me and others like a prying wolf. It's disgusting."

  "I c-can-n't help-p th-tha-t-t." My teeth chattered as I replied. "I was-s-s b-b-born lik-k-ke th-that-t-t "

  "Then be unborn!" She pushed me away before returning to her desk. The air began to warm up, and I sighed in relief before glaring at my party.

  "Why didn't you guys help?" I asked.

  "Help? You needed help?" Han asked.

  "With what?" Sora queried.

  "It looked like you two were just talking to me." Rubellia laughed weakly.

  "Uh-huh," I grumbled before looking at the envelope. I opened it to discover it was a letter.

  "A love note! I've never had one! Be still my beating heart!"

To Kichirou,

I heard you cleared the Dungeon of Gilgamesh. If that's true, then I need your help. My village needs your help. I would say more in this letter, but it's too much to explain. On the back, I've left a map that will lead you to my village. Please, help us.

  "Mmm, so not a love letter," I grumbled as I turned it over. My eyes widened at the map that was drawn on the back. "This is...terrible! Who drew this, a child?"

  "What is it?"  Han asked as he stepped forward.

  "A letter," I answered.

  "What kind of letter?" He frowned.

  "Not a love one." I placed it into my pouch.

  "We're you hoping for one?" Sora scowled.

  "Maybe a little." I pinched my fingers together. "But it's no big d-ECK!" A fist to my stomach cut me off, and I fell to my knees.