Chapter 79

He lunged at me, rage in his eyes, and I shook my head in disappointment as he closed the distance.

  I jumped over his sword as he slashed at me. While in the air, he stabbed at me with the other. I zipped around the attack and landed behind him.

  "What!?" He turned to attack me again and let loose a flurry of attacks. I dodged them effortlessly, ducking under and parrying his swings. I used the openings to land multiple quick jabs on his face and stomach before dropping down and sweeping his legs.

  "Learn your place!" I raised my foot above my head as he landed on his back and brought it down in an ax kick. He crashed to the ground in a crater, unmoving and unconscious.

  "Th....The winner of this battle...IS THE PHANTOM RABBIT!" The announcer yelled, her voice shaky with excitement. "And what a spectacular show! I've never seen anything like tha-Huh? Wait, are you for real?" It sounded like she was talking to someone. "Um...it seems all the other participants have forfeited the tournament," she laughed nervously. "The Phantom Rabbit seems to have scared everyone away."

  "Eh. That's for the best. This would be a boring tournament no matter who I end up fighting." I thought with a sigh.

  "That's fine!" An all too familiar voice hissed as they appeared in the arena ahead of me. "I volunteer to replace one of the forfeited adventurers."

  "....Guild Master?" I tilted my head as I looked at her.

  "You!" She growled, her fangs bearing at me. "I will kill you!"

  "Oh shit! I forgot she thinks I'm a threat to myself!"

  "Maybe tell her the truth?" Azrael suggested.

  "And miss out on the fight of a lifetime?" I replied. "Yeah right. I'm going to enjoy this." I twirled the scythe and held it behind me.

  Sabrina vanished from sight and appeared directly beside me, her hand reeled back. I had no time to react before the back of her hand made contact with the back of my head, sending me flying. I twirled and landed on my feet, sliding a few dozen feet before stopping.

  "Damn! That hurt!" The world spun as my vision failed to focus. She ran at me and stabbed her hand toward me with her fingers extended out.

  I managed to dodge the attack, but she began to rapidly lunge her fingers at me in an attempt to stab through me.

  "She's fast! I can barely see her hands!" I grunted as I struggled to dodge the attacks. I had yet to shift my class, and because of that, I was struggling.

  It seemed that without using my Shifter class, I was still weak—a pathetic nobody who could barely keep up with a Vampire. Sure, I could be stronger than Humans, but those weren't my biggest threats. It was the monsters, and Sabrina was an evolved one.

  If I struggled to fight her, I wasn't strong enough to protect the ones I loved. That's why I knew I had to win. I had to show the world who the Rabbit was. That even Raetia's precious Vampire Guild Master would kneel before him. I needed them to know that somewhere in the world was someone far stronger than anyone they ever thought possible.

Notice:
Class Dancer has been created and assigned. All stats have been shifted to Agility and you have temporarily unlocked new skills.

  "That's new," I thought. "But no time to awe over it..." I elegantly danced around Sabrina's attacks and went to step on her feet. She would pull them away before I could, but the process made it look as though we were dancing as I continued to check her attacks.

  "What are you-KYA!" Sabrina yelped as I grabbed hold of her wrist and spun her, pulling her to my chest with her back to me. She looked up at me with wide eyes as I ran my free hand down her side and waist before spinning her away from me.

  I twirled the scythe around me as I spun around and stabbed the blade into the ground before reaching a hand out to her.

  "What are you..." She scowled. "You want to dance?" She smiled wickedly. "Fine then! Let's dance!" She thrusted her hand at me, and I spun around it, grabbing it in the process and spinning her again. "Don't toy with me!" She hissed as I forced her into an arch, one of her legs in the air and my face close to hers. "I already have a lover! And I'll kill you for him!" I did several backhand springs as she lunged her hand at me again. 

  I motioned with a hand in a 'Come and get me' gesture, making her hiss in anger.

  "It seems as though the Phantom Rabbit and the Guild Master have personal history!" The announcer's voice shook in excitement as the crowd roared. "The Guild Master is trying to kill him! Will they succeed, or will the Phantom Rabbit overpower them as they did Ernist!" Sabrina and I continued our dance of death as the announcer continued. "Only time can tell! It looks as though the Phantom Rabbit is toying with them! Is he even trying?! His power is truly frightening!"

  "You damned Rabbit!" Sabrina roared as I jumped away from one of her attacks with a flip and twist.

  "What's this! IT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!"

  "Wh-HNGH!" I just managed to evade the spikes of ice that shot from the ground toward me.

  "It looks like Ezra, the guild's receptionist, is joining to help Torappu! Normally, we wouldn't allow this, let alone the use of magic, but this is the legendary Phantom Rabbit from the stories! Will this make it a fair fight for the two, or will the Phantom Rabbit still be too much for them to handle?!"

  "I don't need your help," Sabrina hissed at Ezra as she stood beside her.

  "I know you don't. But there's something about this man..." Ezra looked at me, a soft blush appearing as she smiled. "That makes me want to freeze him."

  "EEEK! She's crazy!" I grabbed the scythe from the ground and spun it around before getting in my stance.

  "Is that so?" Sabrina chuckled. "Fine then. I suppose I'll accept your help then."

  "And will I get to keep him?" Ezra asked hopefully. "Can I keep him, Guild Master?"

  "If that's what you want, I don't mind." They both looked at me. "As long as he's out of the picture, you can do whatever you want with him."

  "Yay!" Ezra clapped. "Then let's hurry it up." Her blue eyes began to glow as they locked with mine. "Ever since that child teased me, I've been raring to go."

  "Huh? Is she...talking about me?"

  "She most definitely is," Azrael chuckled. "But that matters not. Be prepared, Kichirou," I could hear the smile on Azrael's face. "The real battle starts now."