Chapter 77

"You want me to enroll in the Tournament of Adventurers?" Han asked.

  "Ta represent our shop," Lilith said.

  "I don't know," he replied nervously. "Do you think I can win it?" He asked as he looked at me. "I heard that experienced S-rank adventurers enroll in that."

  "I'm sure you'll be fine," I reassured.

  "You have that much confidence in me, huh?" Han sighed. "Then I suppose I don't really have a choice, do I?"

  "Not really," I smirked. "You have to help this pretty lady and her dad keep their shop open. They're depending on you, Han."

  "Wow. Way to make me feel even more nervous," he grumbled.

  "If Han's doing this, what gear will he use?" Sora asked. "The gear we asked to be made won't be ready until after the tournament."

  "Well, we have some gear that we recently made. Some armor that I can tweak to fit him better, as well as a new type of weapon I created." Caz grinned.

  "A new type of weapon?" Ruby repeated quizically.

  "Yep. See, my wife was a farmer before she was an adventurer, and she always loved the tools of a farmer." He began rummaging behind the counter. "She could use them like actual weapons. She even saved her village from some monster attacks with a sickle once." He pulled a long item covered in cloth and placed it on the counter. "The issue with it, she said, was that it had poor durability, and the reach was too short. So, I decided to design this." He pulled the cloth to reveal...

  "A scythe!" I exclaimed as I leaned on the counter to get a better look. It had a white and black shaft with golden carvings like vines wrapping around it with a black and white curved blade. "It's beautiful!"

  "I wish I could participate and use this!"

  "Scythe?" Caz repeated the word. "Huh. I like that more than Sickle Staff."

  "That's what you were gonna call it!" He shrugged.

  "Not anymore." He said.

  "This?" Han eyed it awkwardly. "I don't think I can use this. I use two-handed weapons. A sword or an ax."

  "This is a two-handed weapon," Caz explained. "Swing it like an ax. It may be shaped differently, but I'm sure muscle memory will help you learn to use it."

  "It's...not fully a two-handed weapon," I thought with a weak smile. "And it's more closely related to a spear or staff than an ax."

  "Also, don't stress about winning," Caz told Han. "As long as you put on a good show with our gear and weapon, it'll draw attention to our shop."

  "That makes me feel better," Han sighed in relief. "I can definitely put on a show for you and your shop." He grinned. "That, I promise!"

  Caz began his work on tweaking the armor for Han, who had to stay behind for the process. So, the rest of us went and signed him up for the tournament and explained he would be representing Vanduzer Smithing.

  "Who?" The receptionist asked.

  "Exactly," I said. "That's why he's representing th-OW!" I cried out as Lilith punched the back of my head and began scolding me.

  "You're the Battle Junkie, aren't you?" She asked. "This Han person is in your party, I assume."

  "He is," I answered from where Lilith had me in a headlock.

  "If you don't want him to get hurt or worse, I suggest not having him participate."

  "Huh?" I scowled.