Chapter 80

"I am the harbinger of frost," Ezra began an incantation as Sabrina charged at me. She pulled a flail from behind her back and spun. The chain extended far longer than it looked, but I spun and deflected it upward with the scythe.

  "Don't think you're safe just yet!" Sabrina smiled as she grabbed the chain and yanked it down. The spiked ball crashed back down and retracted at the same time. So, when I went to deflect it, it wrapped around the blade of my scythe and pulled me towards her.

  "Frozen is my heart, and rigid is my soul." Ezra continued.

  Sabrina roundhouse kicked me as she pulled me closer, but I caught her leg before it hit my head and pushed her to the ground.

  "S-Stop putting me in these lewd positions!" She cried out.

  I had forced her to the ground and flexed her leg forward while I pressed closer to her.

  "Screw you! After all the teasing you did to me I'm going to embarrass the hell out of you in front of everyone!"

  "I beseech thee, Saldoria, to heed thy call and-" Ezra froze up as I kicked off the ground and appeared in front of her. I raised the scythe above my head and spun it several times before slashing at her. "NGH!" She jumped back, and the scythe just missed her. "Monster..." she whispered as she inspected me with her bright blue eyes.

  I spun the scythe behind my back and tilted my head at her in confusion.

  "Y-you're a Monster." She took a step back. "I can feel it. You're not Human, nor Elf, Beastkin, or Demon. You're a Monster."

  "Shhh." I raised a finger to my mask.

  "Ezra!" Sabrina hissed as she swung her flail at me again. I quickly spun around and twirled the scythe. I wrapped the chain around the blade and pulled, forcing Sabrina to take a few steps forward before she braced herself and pulled back. "Restart the incantation!"

  "R-right." Ezra began to repeat the incantation. I turned my head to look back at her and went to turn around, only for Sabrina to let go of her weapon.

  The power I used to pull vanished, and I tripped backward and fell on my bottom.

  "Got you!" Sabrina hissed as she jumped in the air and landed on me, pinning me down by my wrists.

  "Heed thy call and bless thine harbinger with the power of Permafrost!  Make him icebound! Freeze him for all eternity!" The area began to freeze over as crystals of ice consumed the ground and walls of the arena.

  "You're going to become the Ice Yeti's plaything." Sabrina smiled wickedly. "And there's nothing you can do about-" her eyes widened, and she jumped back as my hand caught fire.

  "What is this!" The announcer screamed. "Did the Phantom Rabbit just use magic without incantation? H-he...HE'S A DEMON!" The entire arena began screaming in fear.

  "Imbecile! What did I say about-"

  "Calm down, Azrael. It's not like they know who I am."

  "....I suppose that's true. But now the entire stadium wants you dead."

  "KILL IT!"

  "HOW?! I THOUGHT THEY ALL DIED!"

  "HURRY, EZRA! FREEZE THE DEMON BEFORE HE KILLS US ALL!"

  I quickly flipped to my feet and aimed my palm at Ezra. A fireball shot from my hand and collided with her, interrupting her spell before she could finish it and sending her flying back.

  "What are you!" Sabrina hissed as she began a flurry of attacks on me. I dodged them as I twirled the scythe and threw it high into the air. Sabrina's eyes followed the weapon, and my fists were consumed in flame.

  "That High Orc showed me this," I thought. "I believe it covered its hands in flame and when it punched, it would cause a combustion effect." I jabbed at Sabrina. My fist connected with her jaw, and at the same moment, the flame on my hand combusted, causing a second, more powerful impact.

  "What!?" Her eyes widened as I brought my fists up to my face like a boxer and began my attack. I threw a jab, a straight right, then a hook and uppercut. Each hit caused a combustion effect that added extra impact. "You!" She jumped back to gain distance, but I jumped forward with her to keep the distance as my foot caught fire mid-jump.

  I executed a spinning roundhouse kick that connected with the side of her head. I turned to face her again and brought my arms back up to my face as I continued my combos.

  Jab, spinning back fist, and a straight right. I executed a question mark kick that connected with the side of her head and then jumped and kicked with my other foot to add a back kick that connected with her chest and sent her flying into the arena's wall.

  I quickly turned my attention to Ezra, who had once again started her incantation and was now finishing.

  "ICE BEAM!" A beam of ice shot from her hands, freezing the ground where I once stood. I dodged by jumping into the air and grabbed my scythe that had just begun falling back down.

  "WHAT IS THIS! I-I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BE TERRIFIED OR IN AWE! THE PHANTOM RABBIT MAY BE A DEMON, BUT HE SURE IS PUTTING ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW!" The announcer shouted.

  The people in the crowds were now cheering as well. It seemed everyone was a battle junkie, and seeing a spectacular fight had united them all and ended the fear they had against me.

  "But is the Phantom Rabbit really a Demon? He isn't trying to kill anyone! Could he be something else? Could he be using Beastkin gear to cast magic?! That would explain why he hasn't used any grand spells!"

  "WHATEVER HE IS, HE'S BADASS!"

  "EVEN THE GUILD MASTER IS STRUGGLING!"

  "FIGHT, RABBIT! FIGHT!"

  "SHOW US THE POWER OF THE LEGENDARY RABBIT OF LORE!"

  "Thank you, announcer! Now, maybe, they won't kill me afterward!"

  "What the hell are you!" Ezra demanded as she turned her ice beam to me while in the air.

  I flipped myself and swung my arm, throwing a fireball at it. It did nothing, and my eyes widened as the beam collided with me, and I crashed to the ground.