Chapter 113

Night fell, and I took note of the yawning that came from the back of the carriage. Nana had already fallen asleep, her head resting on my lap as my free hand softly stroked her hair. According to the map in my HUD, we were nowhere near a town or village. There was only the road ahead and the forest that surrounded us.

  Nia watched as I stroked Nana's hair with a soft smile, and her throat vibrated in a constant purr as she looked at me.

  "You really love your sister, don't you?" She asked as she rested her head on my shoulder.

  "....I do." I smiled softly as I leaned against Nia's head.

  "The way you protect and care for her shows that you'd be a good father." She said as she licked my cheek.

  "N-Nia!" Nana grumbled and shifted as my voice squeaked.

  "My Bunny..." she said before settling down.

  "Aha...." a sweat bead dripped down my cheek as I smiled awkwardly.

  "I'm just saying," Nia continued. "You would make a good dad." Her hand grabbed hold of mine, and our fingers intertwined.

  "You think?" I chuckled softly, making sure to speak low so I didn't disturb Nana or the others who had fallen asleep.

  "I know." She replied.

  "Then..." My face flushed. "Let's try for one."

  "Oh, Bunny." She licked my cheek continuously while purring. "Do you mean it?"

  "I don't know, maybe." I chuckled softly.

  "How about we wait a little longer?" She suggested. "We're both still young, and we haven't settled down yet." She closed her eyes as she leaned against me. "So, when we do settle down and you no longer want to be an adventurer," she purred. "Let's try for one." Her throat vibrated in a heavenly purr as she drifted into sleep.

  I decided to keep driving for a while longer. Where we were on the road was close to several caves and nests of monsters. I didn't want us getting attacked in the middle of the night, so I traveled until my map showed nothing but forest around.

  "Alright then." I looked down at Nana, then to Nia, and back at the others. "How do I do this without making them?" I closed my eyes in thought until an idea occurred.

  The spell Whirlwind that Azrael had given me could work. If it allowed me to summon a gust of wind that was strong enough to knock someone off their feet, then surely I could use it to lift someone as well. But that would require more than a gust of wind; I would have to maintain the spell and make it swirl around them constantly to move them, and there was only one way to test it.

  "If this doesn't work, I apologize in advance, Nana." I smiled weakly as I activated the spell.

  The wind blew softly around her, swirling like a vortex before it lifted her off my lap.

  "No way!" I smiled manically. "It's working!?" I was surprised at the fact. I wasn't just maintaining the spell but casting it constantly to swirl around her. I controlled the wind and placed her on the ground gently. She didn't wake up during the process, let alone shift or move. "It worked! It worked! It worked!" I giggled in glee. I quickly collected myself before doing the same to all the others.

  After I got everyone on the ground, I set up their sleeping bags and placed them all on them before taking a seat for myself.

  "All right." I smiled as I laid down and looked up at the star-filled sky. "Now, to get some sleep for myself." I closed my eyes, and sleep soon overtook me as memories of my past life filled my dreams.

  "Who is she?" I asked as I held the man by his face and lifted him. His fearfilled eyes stared at me through the slits of my fingers as I unsheathed my dagger.

  "I-I don't kn-AGH!" I slammed him into the wall before throwing him into the adjacent one.

  "DON'T LIE! DON'T LIE! DON'T LIE!" I screamed as I slammed my hands against the wall, making him cower against it. "Who is she! The one who killed my Na-" I paused. "My Sasha?"

  "S-Sasha?" The man stuttered. "Th-then...you really are-"

  "That's right." I chuckled as I stepped back, spread my arms to either side of me, and looked at the ceiling. "I am he who reigns supreme." I grabbed my mask with a hand before removing it. "I am the Demon King." My eyes glowed a sickening yellow that illuminated the dark hallway as I gazed into his tear-filled eyes. "And you will kneel before me."

  I Blinked as Azrael sent his fist at me. At that exact moment, I returned to my original form, taking the shape of a rabbit as I landed on his arm and jumped toward his face. My foot connected with it, and he was sent flying back. I Blinked several times until I appeared on his chest as he tried to get up.

  "Kneel!" I pressed on his chest with a foot, forcing him back down. "Or die!" My yellow eyes glowed vibrantly as I stared down at him with a crazed smile.

  "Hmm. I rather like that." Azrael snorted as he grabbed my ears and threw me off him. "I suppose you wouldn't mind if I used that myself?"

  "I don't see why not." I scoffed. "You steal everything else from me."

  "I've no idea what you're talking about." He smiled.

  "Oh?" I used my illusion magic to take on the form of a Human once again. "Then tell me," I raised my arms to either side of me. "Where did you get this pose from?"

  "....I've never done something so stupid looking in my life," Azrael murmured.

  "Don't lie to me, Azzy." I scowled as I rested a hand on my hip.

  "Don't call me that." He frowned.

  "I've seen you when you thought I wasn't around." I smiled fiendishly. "You've been practicing lines."

  "N-No, I haven't!" He stuttered in a panic. "I've done no such-"

  "Kneel at the sight of a true God!" I cut him off as I repeated what I'd heard him say.

  "Bunny!" His face flushed as he reached for me.

  "What?" I laughed as I checked his arm and swept his leg from under him, sending him face-first into the dirt. "It's cute seeing a young Demon like yourself try and act all high and mighty." I jumped in the air and did a backflip as I canceled my illusion and returned to my rabbit form while landing on a ripple. "But it's okay." My eyes glowed as I leered down at me. "I'll always be there to put you in your place."