Chapter 13

"AHH!" I grabbed my head as it hit the ground. My back arched at the sudden pain by reflex, which only worsened the situation.

"No! Don-MMH!" Xion closed her mouth as our lips stopped centimeters apart, her hands pressed to the ground on either side of my head.

"Ah-!" I froze, my words catching in my throat.

"WHAT THE HELL! IF MY LUCK IS SO HIGH, HOW DO I KEEP GETTING CAUGHT IN THESE UNLUCKY SCENARIOS!?"

"Kichirou..." Xion finally said my name after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Y-Yeah?" I gulped.

"I-I think your dagger is poking me." She shifted her weight. "It's uncomfortable."

"THAT'S NOT REI!"

"SORRY!" My voice squeaked as I shot up, causing her to fall to her bottom.

"AH!" She cried out as she hit the ground.

"I'm sorry!" I bowed. If I didn't submit then and there, I was sure she would kill me. Especially once she realized it wasn't Rei who had poked her.

"Huh?" She tilted her head for a moment before her face slowly flushed. "N-No! I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to. Ah, this makes me look bad. I'm not that kind of girl, I swear!"

"What kind of girl? That kind to seek revenge? I don't believe it! A lot of people said that to me in my old world so I'd let my guard down and then BAM! A hit from the back! You won't fool me that easily!"

"R-Right," I muttered a reply as I scratched the back of my head, my gaze turning to the Mayor, who stared at me with a lascivious grin. I gave him a look that asked What? He only shrugged and looked away.

"Ahem," Xion cleared her throat as we both got to our feet. "Well, Kichirou. Will you...Will you visit again? I'd be glad to show you around the village next time." I could tell what she really meant. She wanted to show me a secluded part of the town where she would beat me to a pulp. I wouldn't fall for that trick.

"I'll think about it," I grumbled dejectedly. Her shoulders slumped, and I won the battle, though I couldn't help but feel bad as her ears dropped slightly.

"They reflect their emotions!" My eyes widened. "She must have really tried her best to be kind.." I rested my hand on my chin in thought. "I guess... I can reward her for at least trying."

"Is it a promise?" I mumbled softly. "I don't want some random Elf showing me around when I return." If I would return to the village, I didn't know. Suppose there was a reason to, sure. But if there wasn't, I didn't know when I would see her next. I hoped she'd forget about the event by then and not be as mad, but who knows? Either way, her face returned to a smile as she looked at me.

"Yeah! It's a promise." She put her pinky out.

"Seriously? A pinky promise? That's so childish." I thought. But I humored her and stuck my pinky out, and she wrapped hers around mine.

I averted my eyes from her innocent smile only to feel the two gazes that gave off murderous intent burning a hole in my head again. I quickly turned around to find the source, only to see Sora and Ruby smiling at me. The bloodlust stares were gone as well.

"Is someone...hunting me?" That was my first thought, but then I thought of another possibility. Could I have cleared a flag, and now they were in love with me? Could it be they were jealous that I was speaking to Xion? I did save them, after all.