Chapter 30

"Mmmm," I grumbled as I took a bite of the rabbit meat. "Mid," I said as I swallowed. "I thought you'd at least give some premium meat....or maybe I cooked it wrong?" I closed my eyes with a sigh. "I don't know." I continued to eat the rabbit meat while I began to think.

  "A creature of lore..." Visions of what they could be flashed through my mind. If video games served well as a reference, I could assume things like Chimeras or Grim Reapers to be the creatures of lore. Powerful and terrifying deities that could kill you with one minor screw-up. 

  I found my gaze wandering down to the rabbit's carcass. 

  "Ah, if only you had been a creature of lore," I groaned. "Imagine how lucky I would be to run into it immediately after getting told about it. Though, it's obvious you aren't one of these... creatures of lore, seeing as how you're in my stomach." I took another bite. "And you aren't even tha-NGH!" 

 THUMP-THUMP!

  A sudden and sharp pain stabbed through my skull and stomach, causing me to lean over and belch. 

  "BLLAGH!" I watched as the black, tar-like liquid emerged from my mouth. "Gah! W-What th-BLEERRGH!" More of it came out. This time, it kept its sticky properties and struggled to make its way out of my throat. 

  "I-I can't breathe!!!" I brought my hands to my throat as I gasped for air. "What the hell is-" My eyes widened, and I recalled something Sora had mentioned a while ago.

  "Yes! We finally killed that damned wolf!" Han cheered as we stood over the corpse of the Alpha wolf and its den.

  "Finally is right," I muttered as I stared down at it. "Hard to believe this guy and his little group managed to cause so much trouble for that village."

  "You see it a lot more when you come across packs of monsters like this," Sora mentioned. "They have a leader, and the leader dishes out the commands. It's how they seemed so organized even when we were fighting them." 

  "Ah, I see." I nodded my head. 

  "I'm just surprised you managed to single out the Apha so quickly." Han complimented me. 

  "Yeah, how did you do that?" Rubellia asked.

  "Simple," I rested a hand on my hip as I leered down at the Alpha's corpse. "A King is cowardly and hides behind the back lines while dishing out commands to his servants." 

  "...I don't get it." Han tilted his head. 

  "Basically, the Alpha knew that if he died, it would leave his troops scattered. So, he decided to hide in the back and dish out commands from safety." I squatted down over the wolf. "That was also why their attack formation consisted of them running in circles around us. It was so we couldn't accurately count how many were attacking us. Meaning they didn't want us to notice they were one short in the formation." I poked its ear. "But it's dead now, so who cares?" 

  "You really are something," Han shook his head with crossed arms. "Also...what are you doing?" He asked as he noticed me take out Rei to cut the wolf up for meat.

  "...Getting food for later?" I answered like it was a question. 

  "Ummm...Kichi," Sora approached me. "You do know we can't eat monster meat, right? It's like poison to us." 

  "What? Even the animal monsters!?" I exclaimed.

  "Even the animal monsters." 

  "SHIT! I screwed up!" I opened my mouth to gasp for air, only to have the tar-like substance in my throat harden and solidify to cut off my airway. "Shit! SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!! IS THIS REALLY HOW I DIE!" I still attempted to gasp for air. "I die eating spoiled meat!" I could only hope I would be given a second...third chance in another world.