Chapter 78

"Oh, man. I forgot how much I hate this." I grabbed my stomach as the crowd around us cheered.

"Wow! Did'ja see tha'!" Lilith exclaimed in awe.

"No," I groaned. I was busy feeling like I was about to hurl.

"Crowds really aren't you're thing, are they?" Azrael mumbled.

"Kichi! Kichi!" Sora grabbed hold of my arm as she jumped excitedly. "I want to try that! Teach me! Teach me!"

"HMPH!" I grabbed hold of my mouth. "I-I'll be right back!" I gagged. "I have to-Oh my God!" I ran from the crowd.

"He still hasn't changed, has he?" Rubellia chuckled as she watched him go.

"Sure hasn'." Lilith giggled. "Though. He has gotten a lot more...bold." She grinned.

"Oh, you have no idea." Nia purred. "It took a while for me to groom him to be like that. But," her fur shivered. "When I finally did-"

"Oh, we know," Sora cut her off. "Especially after the other night."

"You don't even know the half of it," Nia purred. "There are things I told him he could only do to me when we're alone and not with you three. He happily agreed."

"What!? Why would you do that!" Sora rebelled.

"That's not fair!" Rubellia exclaimed.

"He still hasn' invited me inta his harem," Lilith pouted.

"He's saving you for later," Nia purred devilishly. "He's playing with his prey."

"Is he?" She smiled. "I hope he doesn' play too long cause the prey might escape." Their conversation was interrupted as the announcer sounded through the stadium.

"What a wonderful performance by the two adventurers, London and Franklin, from the Rengon Kingdom!" Her voice boomed. "And a reminder to all! This year's Tournament of Adventurers is being watched by none other than the King of Raetia! The King himself will hand the winners of the tournament their rewards, and the blacksmith whose armor and weapon the champion used will be invited to be the King's personal blacksmith!"

"Mmm...Don' remind me." Lilith's face turned a dark blue.

"I really am sorry," Han apologized once again.

"Yer fine. It's not yer fault the stuff was stolen." She sighed. "If anyone is ta blame, it's Ernist."

"Now for our next two contests! As you can see, we have Ernist Godwen in the arena! He's representing All-Around-Smithing! This is sure to be a quick but exciting match!" The crowd roared around and chanted his name. "Our next adventurer is...well, he was a last-minute sign-up, so we couldn't get his name. But he's supporting Vanduzer Smithing!"

""""WHAT!!!!"""" The four exclaimed in sync.

"He isn't wearing the armor that was crafted, so, instead, he's given it to us to show off to you all!" The announcer revealed the armor they had hidden under a cloth.

Its black and blue design glistened in the sun. The chain mail under the plates signified it had extra protection atop its metal plates, and all the adventurers were awed at it.

"Welcome him to the arena!" The announcer signaled their hand towards the mysterious man as he stepped out into the arena. "Welcome...THE PHANTOM RABBIT!"

The crowd erupted into chaos as the announcer called my name.

"He's real! He's real!"

"It has to be a fake!"