Chapter 60

"Firstly," I started as I walked to the capital. "I don't want you taking over my body however you did to bring me here."

  "Okay. I can agree to that. But in return, if I ever feel the need to, I have the right to take control of your body."

  "That just contradicted what I said!"

  "I mean that if I ever feel your life is in danger, or you're making an idiotic decision, I have the right to take over and save you from yourself. I will not take over any other time." He reassured.

  "Oh....well, I guess we have to agree somewhere," I muttered. "Then, for my second request, you can't ever hurt any of the ones I care about. Emotionally or physically. Actually, you can't hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it."

  "Then in return, I have the right to hurt those who do."

  "....Fine," I grumbled. "If they deserve death, then you can kill them. But only if you're in control! You can't take over my body to kill someone just because they deserve it. You have to leave the main decisions up to me, but if it's one of those...scenarios you were referring to where I need saving, then do as you see fit."

  "Is there anything else?" He asked.

  "Yes. If I ever ask for advice, I want you to give it to me. Don't be cryptic with it, either! I've always hated riddles."

  "I suppose I can lend you my knowledge if ever need be. In return, you can't tell anyone about me. Not even your friends or lovers."

  "...I guess that makes sense," I mumbled. "Hmmm, what else?" I closed my eyes and rested my hands behind my head in thought. "Oh! I want you to let me keep those two spells you gave me."

  "I was already planning on that. I told you I only gave them to you temporarily, but since you're entering into a contract with me, I was planning on letting you keep them as a gift."

  "Then, can you give me more as a gift?" I asked, my eyes sparkling.

  "No." He answered bluntly.

  "What!? Why not! You're the Demon King! Surely you have an entire arsenal of spells you can give me."

  "I do. However, I figured it'd be more fun for you to learn to master the few spells you already have before granting you more. Aren't you the one who said you hated cheaters? Would it be fun if you unlocked every spell at the beginning of the game and went around destroying everything with ease?"

  "Mmm, I can't argue with you there," I sighed. "It would be fun to struggle slightly. I've always liked soul-like games." I smiled.

  "Good. Now then. Do we have an agreement?"

  "I suppose we do." I shrugged.

  "Excellent." I heard him smiling as he spoke.

  I wondered if I had made the right decision, but at the time, I didn't care. The power he gave me, the ability to use magic without being seen as a monster, would allow me to protect the ones I cared about. So, in the end, I would say I didn't.