Chapter 88

"This...this place is huge!" I exclaimed as we finished exploring the mansion the King had given us.

  Imagine a mansion with so many rooms that it felt like a labyrinth. Its grand ballroom could easily accommodate an entire football stadium, and the amount of gold and marble adorning the mansion could have been seen as rather excessive, but I found it captivating.

  The outside was a stunning sight—a mansion with towering columns, a sweeping staircase, and numerous balconies overlooking rolling hills and a view of the ocean.

  The intricate architecture, elegant chandeliers, and ornate furnishings were the perfect picture of a grand mansion that exuded sophistication. Its entrance, with a sweeping staircase, high ceilings, and intricate details, gave a sense of majesty fit for royalty.

  The expansive marble floors and red carpet were the pièce de résistance, and every room was like a luxurious master suite, complete with a private balcony overlooking the ocean or hills, and had its own shower and bath.

  The manicured gardens, imposing entryway, and lavish interiors epitomized an exclusive lifestyle. It was a realm of luxury that most could only dream of experiencing, and I was living it out.

  We had finished everything we had to do at the castle, and I had finished with Lilith. My reward was three thousand stats, so that was a plus. I was more excited about the mansion than anything, though, and my party felt the same.

  "This place is amazing!" Sora awed as she grabbed her face.

  "We...we get to live here?" Ruby asked as if she feared it wasn't true.

  "I...never could have dreamed of this," Han whispered.

  "I like our home in Ordon," Nia grabbed my arm with a purr. "But this is nice, too."

  "Yeah. That place had a real charm to it, didn't it?" I smiled as I scratched her ears.

  "Mmmm." She closed her eyes. "It mostly had to do with the privacy we had." She opened her eyes at me, and I watched her pupils narrow. "It was just you and me back then, and you could do everything to me back then."

  "Oh? You miss it that bad?" My eyes gleamed as I grinned at her.

  "I miss it so bad." She meowed softly as she grabbed hold of my collar. "And I also miss my coat." She growled. "Don't think I forgot," she hissed softly in my ear.

  "...." I said nothing as she walked away with a smile into the mansion.

  "Kichi!" Sora grabbed hold of me, tears in her eyes. "Thank you."

  "W-what did I do? And why are you crying?" I asked.

  "It's just-"

  "We never would have dreamed of this if not for you." Ruby grabbed my other arm. She, too, had tears in her eyes.

  "Before meeting you," Han rested his hand on my head and smiled softly. "We thought we'd just be a low to mid-ranked party, never being special or standing out. But then we met you." He began to pet my head. "And everything changed. We're known by the King and liked by him, known by all adventures in the Raetia Empire and half the Prostetian Kingdom. We went from staying at an INN, which before you were the cheapest and most run-down, to staying at a nice INN, and now we have this." He looked at the mansion. "You...you really are something, Kichichi."

  "Slow down there, big guy." I chuckled as I moved his hand from my head. "You sound like you're falling in love with-"

Notice:
Han has developed feelings for you. As a reward, all stats have been increased by 3,000.

  "Me...." I finished after reading the message in my HUD. "Han...are...are you-"

  "Sorry!" He laughed nervously as he walked into the mansion. "Got lost in the heat of the moment. I'm going to scope out the place and pick the best room for myself." He waved me off as he vanished from sight.

  "Seriously, Kichi," Sora forced my gaze to hers. "You changed all of our lives."

  "D-did I?" My heart rate increased, and my eyes glowed softly.

  "You did. And for that," she stepped on her tiptoes closer to my face. "I will always love you."

  "Ngh!" My breath caught in my throat.

  "And I will always love you, too," Ruby added. "Do you...love us?"

  "Wh-what? O-of c-course I do."

  "Be still my beating heart! I can't speak!"

  "Then say it," Sora walked her fingers up my chest before pressing one to my jugular. "Say it, Kichi."

  "Say you love us," Ruby begged. "I want to hear the words leave your mouth. I want to hear you say it." She pressed my arm deeper into her bottomless cleavage. "Please,"

  ""Say it, Kichi."" They spoke in sync.

  "I..." I looked into both of their eyes. "I..." My eyes glowed brightly, shining onto both of their faces. "I love you, Sora and Rubellia."

  ""YAAAAAA!!"" They squealed in delight.

  "He said my name first! That means he loves me more." Sora giggled.

  "That's not how it works!" Ruby rebelled. "Is it, Kichi?" She asked as she looked at me worriedly.

  "D-don't ask me," I stuttered. "Nia is still my fav-ERAGH!" Sora roundhouse kicked my head, sending me to the ground.

  "You stupid, unloyal, mangy mutt!" She pulled her whip out and cracked it against the ground.

  "ARF!?" I crawled back on all fours.

  "How are you going to ruin the moment by saying something like that!?" She whipped me.

  "OWF!" I mixed my cry of pain with a bark.

  "That was the first time you ever said you loved us, but you go and say Nia is your favorite!?" She whipped me again. "Mangy mutts," she grabbed a fistful of my hair as she stepped in front of me and forced my gaze to hers. "Should know their place."

  "Ah..." My eyes glowed softly. "Awooo..."

  "Good boy," she ran a finger under my chin. "Now then. You'll make it up to me tonight, won't you?" I nodded my head vigorously. "Good!" She smiled as she put the whip away. "Now, let's go pick the room we'll be staying in."

  "Wait. We're sharing a room?" I asked as they pulled me to my feet. "I thought...I would finally get some privacy."

  "With Nia?" Ruby glared at me. "Yeah, right. We're all sharing a room. And if you EVER want to do the things you did with Nia again, you have to do it with us as well."

  "Th-that's not my decision to make!" I cried. "It's Nia's!"

  "Then you better talk her into it. Especially if you miss it that much," Sora growled.

  "B-But-" I couldn't finish as they dragged me into the mansion.