The Tinkerer:

Later at night, Miho's mind raced as she slipped into her pajamas, before sitting down on her bed and turned on her TV to the news.

"Experts are baffled at what caused the incident today. Many claim to have seen something that resembled a lightning strike, despite the fact that the weather has been clear all day, so what truly happened today is still a mystery-"

Miho's concentration was broken by the ringing of her cellphone. "Y-Yes?" she answered.

"Nishizumi! Did anything happen to you or anyone else? I'm calling to check in on everyone because I don't want to lose members of the Sensha-do team to some crazy 'thing'!" Momo Kawashima nearly shouted on the other end.

Miho initially looked shocked at Momo's shouting, but quickly answered back, "Yes, I'm fine. Everyone else in the Anglerfish Team is okay too, we were all together when it happened. Not sure about Mako though...Oh well, she was probably just sleeping like always."

"I see." Momo was sitting in the Student Council room, overlooking an important document. "Hopefully it doesn't turn anyone off of the upcoming Sensha-do anniversary. You remember I told you about it, correct?" Miho told her yes. "Good. Hopefully whatever it was that happened today doesn't cause anything weird to fly around. Remember, us and the other school's will be gathering in one part of the ocean to celebrate it all, and as things are, students from other schools will be going about the other School Carriers." Momo looked at the clock. "It's starting to get late, so I'll hang-up. Stay safe."

A beep indicated Momo hanging up, and Miho, now exhausted from everything, turned off the TV, and laid back on her bed, holding one of her Boko bears. Should I have told Momo and the Student Council about Faber? They are related to the incident of the lightning strike after all...but their presence could break up the upcoming Sensha-do festival, and it's one of the most important events in all of Sensha-do...Perhaps I'll tell them gently...

Miho, with all the thoughts speeding through her head, felt restless, yet she fell asleep in no time.

For Faber and Willy, the night was just starting. Willy crouched over, inspecting the engine of his UHLS Model 1. "Looks like we need to replace some parts. I think the engine got fried when we went through time, then when we turned them on to hide them. Do you have parts, Faber?"

Faber turned to one of his vice-commanders and lead engineer, Otto von Bastler. "Do we have parts, Otto?"

Otto shook his head accompanied by a resounding, "Nein." Otto hopped onto the UHLS and looked as well. "This engine is custom made, and we just used all our spare parts ourselves making sure the Ratte is fully functioning."

"Argh. Why do you Jerrys have to run out of parts now?" said Owen with obvious disdain. All this did elicit a growl of contempt from Otto and a few other German crewmen, although Faber raised his hand in case they got more angry from Owen's remarks.

Otto pushed up his wire framed spectacles. "Well...earlier when I went out to see where we were, I heard the sounds of tank engines from that school over there. I don't know why tanks would be there though." Otto pointed over into the distance. Just over the hill and across some trails and roads was the Ooarai Girls Academy.

"Tanks?" said Willy.

"Ja. Perhaps it's a military school? Or maybe some sort of recreational sport, don't ask me. Either way, that must mean they have parts there, so perhaps we should nab some?"

Faber shook his head. "I have a feeling that the Nishizumi girl trusts us, and I wouldn't want to do anything to give her an excuse to bring polizei."

"Says the guy who's responsible for destroying several tank divisions." Faber simply argh'd at the remark.

"Alright fine, but don't take anything too much. And whatever you do, do not be caught. So who's going?" All of a sudden, everyone stepped away from Otto.

"W-what?" said a dumbfounded Otto.

"Damn you Allied feinds." Otto mumbled. After being singled out by literally everyone, even his comrades, Otto, wearing a cloth coif around his face colored black, had walked a few miles towards the school of Ooarai, eventually coming to where he believed they held their tanks. He recognized metal garage doors and red brick. Well at least no one's around. It's midnight after all. There really wasn't anything to stop people from just waltzing into the compound, just a low brick wall that opened up at some point for tanks and movement, so with that, Otto hopped over the wall, landing quietly on the course dirt and sand ground. Otto spotted a door in the side of what seemed to be a hanger, so crouching low to the ground he crept over to it, and opening it a crack, breathed a deep sigh. In relief, as no one was around nor inside the hanger.

Otto stepped into the massive hanger and breathed, "Wow..." at all the tanks within. A few of them he recognized, namely: "They have a Sturmgeschütz III, a Panzerkampfwagen IV...A Hetzer, I think that's a B1 Bis, if Hans' description is right...and..." Otto winced slightly at the last one he recognized. "A Porsche Tiger too...Jesus." Otto remembered when he was called in to inspect one at testing trials. It had an impressive amount of armor, and an even more impressive 88mm gun, and as he remembered seeing it, Otto would've called it a glorious tank if it hadn't sunk into the mud. Then caught fire. Otto still remembered how Albert Speer, who was right next to him, remarked how it most definitely wouldn't work up to Hitler's expectations, the latter of whom was also there. Getting back on point Otto stepped past all the vehicles and began towards several tables, which had blueprints of the various tanks and several tools strewn about. Otto began to look about for parts of engines, but he didn't find any. That is until he noticed a number of open crates sitting in the corner of the room. Inside, just as he had hopped Otto found a number of spare parts for engines and whatnot. Stuffing them into his shockingly deep pockets and jacket, Otto began to walk off when...

"Hey! Who're you?" Otto resisted the urge to turn around and see who had walked in on his theft. Fortunately for him, Otto was obscured by shadows, as he had thought it wise to go out another door across the hanger instead of the one he had come in by, and as he passed the tanks, their shadows went over him. Otto slowly stood upwards, with a thin beam of light shining through the open door.

"Is it you, Nakajima? It's a bit late to be tinkering isn't it?" asked the unknown girl. Otto's mind raced on ways to get out of the situation.

Run? No, then she'll know I'm a thief. Probably call the polizei too. Stay still? She's already seen me though. Unbeknownst to its owner, Otto's hand was slowly slipping into one of his jacket pockets. Otto decided enough was enough and began to turn around, when shockingly on impulse, this happened:

"Oi, Nakajima did you hear-" Clunk

Before the unknown girl could ask anymore, a large, steel piston head contacted her forehead with a loud clunk and slight crack. The girl went silent, and next Otto heard a body fall to the concrete ground. Twisting around Otto saw a tanned girl in an orange mechanic's jumpsuit, the suit's upper half tied around her waist. Realization dawned onto Otto, and before he could control himself his breathing became erratic and Otto felt his arms beginning to twitch and spasm. He had impulsively thrown a large, heavy steel piston head from his pocket right into the girls head, and now she lay on the ground, Otto not knowing if he had merely knocked her out or if she was in a worse condition.

1 minute went by. Then two. Then 5. At this point, Otto had controlled himself, and stopped his panic attack. Standing up silently he went over to the girl on the ground, and feeling her neck, gasped in relief. She was only unconscious. He noticed a card sticking out of one of her pockets, that had a name. Hoshino, loader for "Leopon Team" and a mechanic for the rest of the Ooarai Sensha-do team. Otto looked around. No one else was around, fortunately, she came alone into the garage/hanger.

"What to do, what to do..." Otto instinctively muttered to himself. Without another moment to spare, he picked her up, and seeing the Leopon design on the Tiger(P), gently set her down inside the crew compartment. "Good. That way she'll wake up there, and nothing will look wrong to her comrades. I hope."

Without another thought, Otto left the hanger, jumping the brick wall and off down the trails, his pockets filled with vital parts, back into the deep forest.