A Southern Soldier:

Daniel swallowed a thick spit of saliva as he landed on the other side of the concrete wall. Why'd I forget my shotgun? He looked to where he and his family had been singing earlier, and of course it was empty. No shotgun. Daniel then noticed a large room built off the side of the Saunders tank hanger, and it's metal door was left open a crack, and creeping over he read a nameplate on it that read, "Saunders Weapons Store." The door creaked as he pushed it open, a sliver of moonlight illuminating the room for him. It was filled with WW2 era American guns, ranging from M1 Garands to M2 Brownings, and based off of the countless boxes that read, "Gel Ammo" and "Real Ammo" these guns were both for recreational sport and for god knows what a bunch of Highschoolers needed with that many guns.

Daniel cracked a smile as he saw his target. His shotgun was laying against the wall, next to a rack full with M1 Garands. He stepped into the dark room and grabbed it, feeling the engraved wood of his Winchester Model 1912. It was a fine shotgun, with polished wood and steel, with its stock and handle being engraved with specific patterns. The most prominent engravement was on both sides of the stock, which was engraved with a Confederate battle flag on both sides. Daniel pushed the slide and grinned once more that the powerful buckshot was still in it.

Kay, Naomi, and Alisa were walking around the Tank Hanger, making sure there weren't any spies trying to find what kind of secret weapons they had bought until they noticed the armory door was left wide open. The three walked over, and they silently walked in, seeing a man's back, holding the shotgun they had found had been left behind earlier. Kay turned on the lights, and cleared her throat loudly. Pumping the shotgun back into firing Daniel snapped around, aiming the shotgun right at Alisa and Naomi. There was a split second of silence before Naomi grabbed Alisa and dove to the floor, the concrete wall having a chunk blown out of it milliseconds after. Kay went wide eyed before her shock turned to anger. "The fuck are you doing!? Are you trying to blow her brains out with buckshot!?"

Daniel realized what he just did. "No, I'm tryin' to retrieve my ol' 12 Gauge here, that's what. Now lemme just go back to the forest, I'm just here for my shottie."

However Kay stopped him, stepping in front of the door. "You know we're still angry about what happened earlier today, right?"

"Course I know about that. But hey it's your fault for singin' with us. Now move." but Kay was clearly adamant.

"I'm not. Besides, you can't shoot me or anything, it'd be painfully obvious, especially with my vice-captains right here." Kay nodded to Naomi and Alisa, who had grabbed weapons.

"Well no shit I can't shoot you! I'm not wasting buckshot on something I could do with my bare hands!" Daniel stomped his boots against the concrete floor and yelled like a strangled bull. "Fine, what'll it take to get you to let me leave!?"

"One answer." Kay held up a finger. "We may be the American themed school, but we don't do any of the dark stuff."

Daniel sighed and pointed at something over Kay's shoulder. "You sure? Seems like you've got Confederate symbols here and there too." Looking over, she saw a Sherman that had the Confederate Stars and Bars hanging from it.

"Yeah, but we don't have any real intentions behind it. You guys are different. Do you actually have any real feelings when it comes to the Confederacy?" Naomi stood next to her commander.

To their surprise he shook his head, but it seemed half hearted. "Me and my family? God knows, we're a mixed bag when it comes to the Confederates. On one hand, we have this," Daniel thrust out his shoulder, pointing to the combined US-Confederate flag. "As our family flag, and we even got an old Confederate Flag ol' Grandpa Wilson had during the Civil War. But far as I know, we don't care much about it's symbolism, other than we honor it as part of the family legacy. What about you gals? Do you get flak for it?"

Kay thought for a moment. It was getting late. "Sometimes, when we go to America. But we fly those flags for fun, not racism or anything. I guess you do the same?"

"Well, I wouldn't say for fun." Daniel chuckled. "We're from a different time, remember? Way we see it, it's just a symbol of Southern Heritage and rebellion. We don't fly it because we hate blacks, we do it because it's part of our history. That's all...Can I go now, or do you wanna have a shooting contest or something?"

"Great idea!" Kay exclaimed, snapping her fingers. Her vice commanders grinned.

"Huh?"

After Kay literally dragged Daniel away, he found himself in an empty field with the three Saunders girls. The sun was beginning to rise, exposing abandoned concrete buildings of various sizes and wooden mock ups for cover. It was a field primarily used for fighting with the Gel Bullets, but today it was a firing range. Orange sunlight glinted off of worn metal targets while a gentle wind blew around them. "Here we are, the Saunders Infantry field! The challenge I have for you, Daniel, is to take out as many targets as you can from this distance." Kay walked over to a table, where a number of rifles were laid out. Naomi picked up an M1903 Springfield with a scope, and from his spot Daniel watched as Nami easily loaded in the five round magazine. "Alright, choose your rifle Daniel!" Kay said proudly, pointing to the assortment of rifles.

"Uhm, I think I'll just use this..." Daniel trailed off as he pumped his shotgun with one hand, ejecting the spent casing from before.

"Really!? That's a shotgun buddy not a rifle." Alisa questioned in shock. The three watched quietly as Daniel raised his 12 gauge to his shoulder and pulled the trigger, sending a spray of lead pellets downrage into a target, knocking it over from a surprising range. "Nevermind then. Alright, are you both ready?" Alisa put a whistle to her mouth. "3..." Naomi got onto one knee and began to scope out her targets. "2..." Daniel stayed standing, bending his knees slightly, his right finger on the trigger and his left hand ready to slam the pump action. He had taken off his jacket so the stock wouldn't slide around on it. "1..." Kay began to eat a chocolate bar that she apparently had with her the whole time. "Start!" Daniel finally raised his shotgun to pull height, and pulled the trigger instantly. Naomi followed suit, squinting into the scope and hitting the farthest targets first. Daniel fired his first shot, spraying one target, knocking it down before he swiftly slammed the pump forwards and back, not taking his finger off the trigger.

Kay quickly noticed a pattern to the way Daniel shot. He seemed to never take his finger off the trigger, and as soon as a shell was chambered his Winchester M1912 sprayed out more 12 gauge buckshot. "Looks like his shotgun's got slam fire. Who do you think will win, Alisa?" Kay said quietly to not throw off their concentration.

"Well..." Alisa watched as Naomi clipped her fifth target, forcing her to take out a clip and reload. "Naomi is precise, but Daniel's going pretty fast!" Daniel reached into one of his pockets and pulled out three shells all at once, and lining them up perfectly in his hand he pushed all three into his shotgun before taking out three more and repeating. Then he began to slam fire once more. Soon the final thirty seconds came down onto the clock. Naomi inserted what must've been her tenth clip of ammo, and aimed down the sights. She took aim at one target, and fired. *clang* was the definitive sound of success. For Daniel, he inserted more shells and fired at a group of targets. He missed his first shot, but adjusted his aim and cut down the three targets easily. "Contest over!" Alisa said before blowing the whistle.

"Alrighty, let's tally the results!" Kay walked over to where a small computer was held. Wires connected it to the targets, tallying whenever one was shot down. Flipping open the cover, the display read, "Wow, Naomi, you shot down 86 targets in three minutes! As expected of my top sniper! Let's check Daniel now...Huh, 86 targets too!" Alisa and Naomi raised their eyebrows in amusement. "Well aren't you a crack shot?"

Daniel laughed his high ragged laugh. "I grew up hunting with this thing after all!" Daniel unloaded the remaining shells, pumping the gun three times, ejecting three unspent shells, which he picked up and stuffed into his jacket, which hung tied around his waist. Alisa caught herself staring for a moment. Daniel was no macho but he was well toned all around, and his white tank top reflected that well. When Daniel looked at Alisa, she looked away while Naomi just stared at Alisa...for some reason. That's weird...This is a girls' school though, so I wouldn't be surprised if any of 'em rolled that way, heheh. "Welp, I should get going soon, it was nice having this contest but it's almost morning now so see y'all later!" And with that, Daniel ran off with the speed of a Southern Wind.

"Well...Quite the guy huh?" Kay remarked to her Vice-Commanders later in the day.