The Opening Ceremony:

The Opening Ceremony of the Sensha-do Anniversary Festival was to take place the next day, or today, considering time has skipped forwards. Either way, it was to the Student Council's and the Ooarai Sensha-do Teams surprise that as the champions of the previous Nationals Tournament, it was to be hosted on the Zuikaku. Momo initially freaked out, like she always does, but Yuzu calmed her. The rest of Ooarai was excited to say the least, and Miho smiled at the prospect of seeing all of her friends, this time all in one large party.

"Sounds like they're having fun, aren't they?" Willy remarked to his men as he drank a cup of coffee. Black of course.

"Wish we could go there. Bet they got lots of delicious food from around the world." Jean sipped his coffee, which was much lighter with some sugar and cream they had obtained from the Ooarai girls, who had been giving them and the Germans food, in exchange for all the help and kindness the soldiers showed in return. "Especially French Food. I want to eat my country's cuisine again!"

"I thought you were a chef, Jean."

"[Oui commandant Owen.] However, do we have access to anything I can use to cook? [Non.]" He took a deep sip of his coffee, accompanied by a biscuit. "Well unless you count the wildlife. But hunting them would mean firing our guns, and we all know how loud those are."

"I did make a suppressor for my Lee Enfield? That's where we've been getting the rabbit and wild boar."

"[désolé]. Still, is there somewhere I can get a good drink? Or anything of that sort?"

"There's Donzoko." the three allied soldiers turned around and saw Ralph playing with his knife. "I can show you, if you want, Jean."

"[Cela serait apprécié.] Show the way then!" With a final sip of his coffee, Jean adjusted his beret and followed Ralph, who had begun walking off into the woods.

Willy finished his coffee off as well. "Bet he'll get shanked or something? That Ralph kid scares me."

Marie squealed in delight as she put another forkful of cake into her mouth. It was simply divine, the cake was. It was light and fluffy, yet packed with a sweet flavor reminiscent of roses and strawberries, and it simply melted on her tongue. Behind her, Oshida and Andou looked at her with fondness while Asparagus talked to the commander of Maginot, Eclair. "You two have to eat some of this cake. It's divine!" she said with glee.

"Ah I'm fine, I'll just get some udon or something." Andou said in modesty. "Taking the chance to stuff yourself more huh?" Andou smirked as she spotted Oshida taking a large plate with several cakes piled on it.

"H-hey! I'm not-Fine then, I guess I'm not giving you any then." Oshida pouted before taking a big forkful of cake and stuffing it into her mouth.

Andou gaped before gasping. "Agh! Fine, sorry I take back what I said, just give me some please!" With a smile on her face, Oshida handed Andou a plate of chocolate cake, which Andou took a bite of. It was delicious and deeply chocolatey.

Asparagus watched her kouhais from afar. Nice to see those two not arguing for once. "Marie, Andou, Oshida! Come here." The three girls stopped for a moment before walking over to their elder. "I'm thinking of kicking things off by challenging Ooarai. Since we're combined with Maginot, I say we have a good chance of beating them! How does that sound?" Marie, Andou, and Oshida nodded eagerly at the chance to fight Ooarai and potentially defeat them. "You know, I'm wondering why I'm making all the decisions now. You are the commander after all, Marie."

Marie finished her first slice of cake. "Of course, but I figured it'd be easier to let you do the planning. You are our upper-classman after all."