Aftermath:

Heya, so before we start this chapter:

Sorry I haven't been updating a lot lately!  As of late, I've been struggling to find the motivation to write new chapters, much less any good ideas.  To that one guy(or a few), don't worry, I'm not going to abandon this story, just expect slower updates.  Fortuantely I'm on my summer break right now, so wish me luck!

Anyways, enjoy this chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Erika froze when the announcement went out for all to hear. When it was done, she could only mutter one thing to herself. "W-We won...?" her voice shook a little. To her left, Mauko and her Maus were stopped as well.

Mauko popped her head out to see how the Allied Tankers had frozen, before their faces turned to those of defeat. "Y-Yeah!" Mauko screamed in pure joy. "We won!" Hopping out and off of her Maus, Mauko hugged Erika, grabbing her tightly around the neck. Over and over she cried triumphantly that they had won such a historical Sensha-do match. Cheers erupted from the Axis tankers.

Erika slumped over as Sangou, Geshiko, and Emi joined in on hugging their commanding officer. Looking up at the sky, Erika let out one long sigh. "Thank...goodness..." She closed her eyes, finally feeling relaxed for the first time in three days.

At first, Kay looked shocked. Then disappointed, and finally, she just sighed and laughed. "Good job everyone. You did a great job!" Kay shouted, standing up from her Jumbo to tell her comrades a job well done. Then, the rain stopped. Many looked to the sky for a moment to see the clouds begin to dissipate, and for the first time, a beam of uninterrupted sunlight shone through, illuminating the base. It may have not been very bright, but it was a light better than none.

"Man, did you see that charge Willy did!? That was crazy!" A Saunders tank commander asked her friend excitedly, who in turn all nodded and grinned.

Emma, who was nearby and even witnessed the charge being spoken of, looked away from the post-battle proceedings to see some girls from Pravda, who seemed quite confused. So she told them. "Well y'see, during the Axis Assault, Willy was nowhere to be found, but then he appeared out of nowhere from the mountain, and he led a desperate counterattack all by himself!"

"Just like Pickett's charge." Emma jumped at the sound of the voice. It wasn't a girl. It was a man, an American man. Turning around, Emma saw that Nathan had seemingly materialized from the business to add onto the conversation. "Wait..." Nathan raised a not so amused eyebrow upon seeing the puzzled faces the girls were making. "You don't know Pickett's Charge!?"

Emma gulped. "S-sorry..." Oh god, is he-?

"Well lemme tell ya then! Pickett's Charge was a Confederate-'' and before anyone could protest, Nathan launched into a lecture about the infamous Confederate Assault that ultimately led to a decisive Union Victory during the Battle of Gettysburg. "After the war, someone asked General Pickett about why he failed, to which he said, 'I've always thought the Yankees had something to do with it.' Just like I was saying earlier, Willy's charge was just like the one done by General Pickett."

"I-I see..."

Willy, who was nearby with his knocked out Easy Eight, just laughed. Next to him was Alisa, who was standing atop the Easy Eight and searching the crowds for...someone. "Who ya lookin' for girly?" Daniel asked, popping his head out of the loader's hatch.

"I'm looking for that German kid...I've got something to ask him." Daniel heard Alisa mutter as she continued to scan the crowds for a field grey Wehrmacht uniform.

"Uhhhhh, why you lookin' for 'em?"

Daniel didn't get an answer, because Alisa spotted her target. Or more specifically, her targets. Alisa jumped off the Easy Eight, marched through the crowd, and came face to face with Peter and Koume, who were chatting about the battle with El from Blue Division, Anchovy, Pepperoni, and Carpaccio. "Hey, you two!" Alisa pointed a finger at Peter and Koume.