Good ol' Southern music:

Willy laughed at a joke Kay told him before he took a bit of a hamburger. Just outside the Saunders tank hanger, WIlly and his ten other family members were feasting with the Saunders Sensha-do team. Willy took a sip of soda when he accidentally knocked over the case he carried his fiddle in. "Hey that reminds me!" The girls looked up at Willy. "Who wants to hear us sing!?" Willy was met with a tumultuous response to sing. His siblings and cousins were elated that they could sing. Taking out their instruments, they spoke in English for a song to sing and finally landed on a good one.

"[I came to town, the other night, I heard the noise. I saw the fight, the watchman he was running around, he was runnin' around, cryin' Old Dan tucker's come to town. Now get out the way, now get out the way! Get out the Ol' Dan Tucker, you're too late to get your supper!]" Nathan sang, the accompanying music playing loudly and merrily. Many of the Saunders girls joined in the singing whenever the chorus of Ol' Dan Tucker came around. Willy smiled seeing them sing along. Several minutes later, they moved onto a new song. "[The boatmen dance, the boatmen sing, the boatmen up to ev'rything, and when the boatman gets on shore, he spends his cash and works for more. Dashy boatmen dance, dashy boatman dance, oh dance all night to the broad daylight go home with the gal in the morning!]"

Then another song. "[Ol' Zip Coon he was a learned scholar(x3), sings possum up a gum tree conny on a stump. Possum up a gum tree coony on a stump(x3), Den over dubble trubble, Zip coon will jump.]" And finally, "[Well I wish I was in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten, look away, look away, Dixie lands! In Dixie's lands where I was born, early on one frosty morning look away, look away, look away Dixie lands! Well I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray! In Dixie's land I'll take my stand and live and die in Dixie! Away, away, away down south in Dixie! Oh Mrs. Mary Wheel the Weaver, William was a gay deciever look away, look away, look away, Dixie lands! And when he put his arms around her, smiled as fierce as a forty pounder...]" And they just kept singing songs. That is until Tess put her phone down and whispered something to Kay.

"What's that?"

"Y-you don't remember? We learned about it in US History, it's a racial form of entertainment."

"Wait...Tess, what're you saying?" Kay muttered in disbelief.

"It means, we, and the rest of these guys have been singing Minseltry songs for the past hour!" Tess screamed to Kay.

The music and singing immediately stopped. The Saunders girls stared at the Nathans Family, who sat petrified that the origin of the songs they so merrily sang was exposed. Willy stood up quietly, and cleared his throat, putting on his jacket. "I think it's high time we go." Willy turned to his siblings and cousins. "Run." In a flash the family of Southerners put away their instruments and like a Southern steed galloping through a field they all began to sprint away. The Saunders girls snapped out of their trance of disbelief and Kay was heard shouting something as the Americans ran away.

"You've been making us sing-!?" Kay's face was red with both embarrassment and anger. "Get back here so we can blast you with our new tanks!" but the Americans had hopped into a number of olive green Willys MBs and drove off, leaving Saunders in the dust. Kay huffed, "The nerve of those guys, making us sing that crap!"

Naomi blew a bubble. "Technically we were all singing voluntarily. Still, minstrel songs?" Naomi looked around and realized that one of the jackets was left behind in Willy and his family's haste to escape the wrath of Saunders and their massive tank arsenal, so picking it up she looked at the arm patch. It was the American flag alright, but where the stars were, instead was the Confederate Battle flag mashing with the original stars. Then Naomi saw that one of the Americans left something other than just a jacket, and that something was quite volatile if used in the right hands.