When secrecy is no longer an option:

The rest of the Sensha-do commanders from the other schools weren't shocked when they were gathered into the woods and found Faber Eisenherz, Willy Nathans, the Ooarai Student Council, and the Nishizumi siblings all waiting for them. In fact, their collective thought was that Kay wasn't lying about the entire "time travelled soldiers" thing, but now it no longer mattered. And soon, they had all created and agreed to a plan. First, no one was to talk about the situation with the Wundermotor to anyone outside of their school ships. This was easy, since the school ships were always isolated from the mainland for long periods of time. Next, was how to avoid the government. Just like how the school ships were isolated from the mainland, they too were relatively isolated from the reach of the Japanese government, although the school ships being connected together for a full month did bring some government attention. Fortunately it was limited to simply watching out for any major accidents that could endanger everything, so keeping hidden would be easy. Faber brought up that things felt to be going too smoothly, but after some more talking, he decided it would be best not to question it. And finally, to swear to carry out the plan. The question went around the circle of commanders, and finally, they agreed, before swearing to carry out the plan.

If secrecy was no longer an option, then what more could they do?