Making Amends:

Emma, Bailey, Emma's Loader, Samantha, or just Sam, and Emma's Gunner, Eva, all sat around, waiting in Kay's Office. It was a nice office, with a polished wooden floor and shutter windows, complimented by Kay's desk, simple yet nice. Her chair was a large leather one that looked to be very soft, and around the room were some red couches. Despite it being a nice office, and a nice day outside, the mood was very subdued. The shutters were closed, meaning only the minimal amount of light was inside, and Kay was pacing around, muttering something about, "How could this have happened?" under her breath, reminding the four members of the crew of what had happened just the day prior. A real shell had been mixed in with the Sensha-do shells, and when Peter fired on Emma's Easy Eight, it went straight through the front plate like butter and a hot knife, causing an engine fire that detonated the whole tank. Faber had apologized for the incident and the oversight, but what bothered the Saunders girls the most was the fact that Peter hadn't reappeared in the slightest. Besides Kay and the already mentioned girls were Naomi and Alisa, who also sat around waiting. What were they waiting for? No one knew, just that they all happened to be in the office together that day, when the door opened quietly. "Maho, Erika. What's up?"

The commander and vice-commander of Kuromorimine nodded or waved a little. Maho turned to the doorway. "Peter, you can come in now." And in walked Peter, properly dressed in his uniform, but instead of leaving out a cap, he wore a German field gray M43 cap. Peter walked a bit stiffly, as he held his left arm to stop it from swinging around, reminding Bailey of how she tried to murder him with a shovel. Following him was Koume, who stayed close to him.

An uncomfortable silence quickly descended upon the office as soon as the doors closed. The Saunders girls had mixed feelings, not knowing whether to be angry at him or to feel relieved he had reappeared. Emma, Bailey, Sam, and Eva all felt different levels of contempt. Emma was bitter that despite it being an accident, her precious Easy Eight was now a smouldering wreck. Bailey was angry that it was Peter's decision to fire when he should've been able to tell the difference between a Sensha-do shell and a live shell that put her best friend, Maya, in the hospital. Kay, Naomi, and Alisa all stared at him. Then, Peter bowed. "I'm very sorry for what happened yesterday. I do indeed know the difference between our live shells and the ones used for Panzerfahren, and it was my decision for my loader to still use it. Because of my oversight, one of you is in the hospital, and one of your tanks is completely destroyed." Peter paused for a moment, remembering how he had broken down at the sight of the destroyed Easy Eight burning and one of it's crew bleeding out in the grass. "So...I'm sorry."

Silence fell on the office again, giving Kay the time to x-ray Peter. "Well...what's done is done." Kay began. "We can replace the Easy Eight anyways, so thank you for your apology."

"You did hurt me friends, and my best friend is in the hospital now. But...it was an accident, and I can tell you're being sincere. I'll be sure to tell Maya that you apologized." Bailey stood up, and walked over to Peter. She held out her hand to shake, which Peter did. The rest of the Saunders girls in the office nodded, acknowledging Peter's sincere apology over the incident. In return, Peter swept off his hat, clicked his boots together, and saluted them.