The End of Summer

I have no intention of lulling my head over these thoughts so I decided to phone sunbae right after her message flashed. Whatever her reason was, I had a huge feeling that it wasn’t that pretty and the sheer amount of missed calls I received definitely showed that.

It took quite a while of ringing from the other side of the line until sunbae picked up the call with a noticeable tone of panic on her voice

“Hello, Y/N? Thank God you finally called. I’ve been trying to call you for ages!”

“I’m sorry sunbaenim; there has been a huge mix-up and I left my phone at my hotel room. What happened?”

“I won’t even ask why you’re not at the villas because first things first. The agency has instructed the staff to pull Soyeon out from the vacation. Y/N, she has been ordered to be deported back to South Korea and it is effective immediately!”

I felt my phone partially slip as soon as I heard what she just said.

Soyeon… deported?

Shit, I’m not at the right state of mind for this to happen. Why does it have to happen now?

Oh no…

Not Soyeon…

Fuck wait… how did this happen again?

“What? Why would they deport Soyeon? What did she do to make her deport her and who the heck ordered it, sunbae?” I managed to say despite thousands of emotions clouding my head that moment.

“It’s because of the demands of the company, Y/N. Soyeon is coerced into writing songs before we went for the vacation, remember? I don’t know what happened behind the scenes but apparently the ones pulling the strings won and the company is requesting for immediate pull-out. ”

“Oh shit I thought I already told dad about it! Let me give him a call first. I think this is just a misunderstanding, sunbae. I’m sure he got things covered before this mess happened.”

“There’s no time, Y/N. Some if the company-sent staff members went to the villas and fetched Soyeon. I don’t know if they managed to board her on a plane yet but I’m sure that they are on their way. You need to go as quick as you could to the airport and stop her deportation since you’re the one who’s nearest to her, and hopefully buy enough time for your father to reverse the order.”

Crap, I’m even at a different island! Holy shit if only I hadn’t left my phone absentmindedly here then maybe I would’ve been at the airport by now!

“I would’ve gone there myself, Y/N,” Sunbae Lee continued from the other side of the line. “But I think they purposely delayed the information when it came to me so that I can’t do anything about it. You’re Soyeon’s only hope, so please get to her before she even boards a plane.”

“I don’t get it, sunbae. Why don’t we just call the staff to hold her temporarily? Why do they have to pluck her out like that?”

“It was an order from the higher-ups; unfortunately you and I can’t do anything about it because it’s beyond the power of our position. We just need to be with her in case the order gets called off and that we could bring her back to the vacation as soon as we could.”

I guess that makes sense.

“I got that. I’ll leave the hotel at once and I’ll give dad a call as soon as I could. I’m sure he could help us here.”

“Okay then, go as soon as you could Y/N. I’ll watch over the girls and I’m already on my way towards the villas. Please take care and call me as soon as you reach the airport. I’ve also asked a staff member to book a flight for you in case you need to chase her, so no matter what happens you need to reach Soyeon even if you need to board a plane going cross country.”