The Extended Family

Y/N stood for a while there, still quite held in disbelief with what his father had just said to him before realizing that the girls are waiting for him downstairs. He finally exited the lonely conference room that was the witness for his abrupt coronation. Then, after going down the labyrinthine stairs of the foreign building, he finally found his way heading towards the parking lot of the rather large and confusing building.

However, before he could make it to the exit, he turned a corner and it was the familiar lavender scent with the long, silky straight hair that greeted him exiting the women’s restroom.

“Shuhua…?” He said as (G) I-dle’s maknae turned in place to look at him.

“Oppa, hello!” she greeted with a smile as he approached. The two of them walked side-by-side to the location of the van. “You took quite a while. You got lost?”

“I guess you can say that. The place isn’t really that much easy to navigate, so to speak.”

“If we weren’t with manager-unnie I’m sure I’d get lost too. They’re already on the van, by the way and I just wanted to go pee for a bit while we waited for you.”

“I think I took longer than I wanted to as well. Dad has a lot of things to say, you know.”

“Oh,” she said as her face lit up upon realizing something. “Congratulations on the promotion oppa! I wanted to tell you as soon as the meeting was adjourned but Yuqi was all over you and I could not just butt in with all of that.”

“Don’t congratulate me yet. I’m not even sure if I could do it. I mean, it’s such a huge responsibility you know.”

To his surprise, Shuhua suddenly grabbed hold of his hand and held it with both of hers. Y/N felt the soft touch of the Taiwanese maknae with her palms giving a small tinge of water from the restroom’s faucet.

“I believe you can do it, oppa. You helped me conquer my fear of the water and there was a time when I thought it was impossible. I think you can pull this off too.”

“Are you sure?”

“Are you sure?”

She nodded wholeheartedly. Even though their conversation ended quite abruptly, Shuhua did not let go of his hand as they resumed walking towards the van.

“YAH, WHY ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER AND WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HANDS?” Yuqi exclaimed from the back window of the van as she yelled at the approaching pair.

Shuhua realized what she was doing and immediately let go of his hand before dismissing it as nothing. Y/N on the other hand fell silent as he entered the van, blushing at the thought of Shuhua holding his hand somehow made him feel really weird.

---

“How come you never told us anything, oppa?”

Yuqi’s voice came asking Y/N the moment that he sat up front beside her, much to the visible and audible chaos of the rest of the members with the recent activity with Shuhua. The Chinese member insisted that Y/N should sit next to her, and so she got what she wanted because no one else wanted to contest her. Normally, Minnie and Miyeon would be happy to have their manager between them, but with recent events they both had to sit at the back and leave the bickering to the younger members.