First Encounter

Y/N had trouble fitting to the new country of South Korea. Ever since his father purchased a lot of shares from a famous entertainment company here, his family immediately decided to move in order to manage the business a lot better. Y/N’s father wanted to train him despite their wealth, and therefore requested for him a place in the company in order to practice his profession. At the age of 22, finishing a management degree in his university ought to give him a good position anyway. Regardless, he was entirely oblivious to the fact that South Korea’s entertainment industry was very dominant during the recent years, and the company where his father employed him, CUBE entertainment, was actually one of the famous agencies that had produced a lot of remarkable talents throughout the years.

Today was his second week as an assistant manager for a girl group called (G) I-dle, but since the group was in-tour when he was hired for the position,  this was actually the first time he was about the meet the girls. He had not heard of K-pop when his family lived back at the coasts of Sweden, but considering his job and his bloodline being Half-Korean, he had to check the kind of music the people he was managing were producing; including their respective names.

-Outside CUBE ENT. Conference Room-

Gosh, this will take a while. I’m so nervous, Y/N thought to himself as he checked his wristwatch. The girls are supposed to be meeting him around 11 am that day. It was already half past that hour. His right leg repeatedly tapped the floor as he sat beside the door of the conference room, his suitcase violently shaking beside his leg as he became anxious of the first meeting.

Who knew that meeting these so called Idols would be such a big deal to me. They were fine when I saw them on the MVs but this is different.

The sound of the conference door opening caused Y/N’s leg to stop tapping. A dressed lady went out and spoke to him.

“Mr Kim Y/N, the girls would like to meet you know,” she said, smiling through her glasses.

Y/N Immediately stood up, brushed his button-down shirt and fixed his collar and finally picked up his suitcase before entering the room.

The conference room had a large, rectangular table in the middle, with each of the sides lined with chairs of which, to his memory, were always empty for the past few weeks. But now, the six chairs opposite the door were occupied by six figures he could identify as (G) I-dle, albeit not yet individually.

“Ladies,” manager Lee said, standing up and gesturing towards him. “This is Kim Y/N, and he will be my assistant manager from now on.”

“Whoa! Hello there! It’s so nice to meet you,” said the short-haired blonde girl to him. She stood up and waved her hand in greeting.

“Y/N, this is Idle. You will manage them starting today,” Manager Lee continued. “I got to say they are pretty damn hard to control so fair warning.” She chuckled.

“Aigoo,” replied the blonde girl from earlier. “Manager Lee’s right. We’ll give you one hell of a trouble Y/N”

“Well then, I’ll all leave you to get acquainted. Y/N, good luck,” said manager Lee as she exited the room.

“H-hello,” Y/N stuttered, looking at the girls.

“Assistant Manager Kim,” said the orange-haired girl next to the blonde one. “Please don’t be shy.”

“A-ah, please, Just call me Y/N. I think we don’t have that much of an age gap anyway,” smiled Y/N.

“Okay then. My name is Yuqi and I’m of Chinese descent. These are our members:

“This is Soyeon-unnie,” she said, pointing to the blonde girl from earlier. “She is our leader and she speaks for most of us. She’s a crackhead too like me.”

Soyeon smiled and laughed at Yuqi’s introduction of her.

“This is Miyeon-unnie,” gesturing towards the small faced girl with very long hair. “She’s the eldest of us but the youngest in brain cells. She is our Vocalist.”

Miyeon tapped Yuqi’s arm at her description of her and then proceeded to stand. “Y/N-oppa, please ignore her. I’ll do the introductions from now on. Y/N, please meet our other Vocalist, Minnie. She’s Thai and is very pretty like me.”
The girl with bangs smiled and waved at me. The Plain-faced girl seated beside her stood up and spoke,

“Aigoo, I think I am the prettiest here.”

Damn she is very pretty. What the fuck. Y/N thought to himself.

“Ah that is Shuhua. She’s our youngest and the group’s visual. She’s very playful and very much obsessed with me,” Miyeon remarked. “She’s from Taiwan.”

“Yes because Miyeon is MINE oppa.” Said Shuhua as her other members laughed.

She really looks like and angel, what the fuck. Y/N proceeded to stare at Shuhua’s bare faced beauty while the rest of the group laughed at their maknae.

“I thought Soojin was yours?” Minnie asked to Shuhua. “Ah by the way, Y/N, this is Soojin. She’s Korean and serves as our group’s main dancer.”
The girl with the round face and very bright red lips smiled at Y/N. The charm from her smile cut him from being mesmerized at Shuhua’s visuals.

“Be careful Y/N Oppa,” Minnie added. “She’s dangerous.”

Soojin proceeded to wink at Y/N.

Wow she’s pretty hot. Y/N thought to himself.

“WHOAAAAA!” the entire group exclaimed at what Soojin did. “She’s already showing her powers!”

Everyone else laughed which made Y/N Smile.

“It was actually nice to know that you guys aren’t that… scary as I thought,” remarked Y/N, finally able to ease his own atmosphere. “I hope I could be a good manager for all of you and I look forward to working to all of you,” he bowed.

“WHOAAAAAAA!” the group said at unison once again.

“Manager-nim is still nervous omo,” exclaimed Yuqi. “Well, I have a better idea: let’s tour you to our rooms above. I’m pretty sure no one else brought you there yet.”

“Um, yes that’s right.”

“TO THE ROOMS WE GO!” Miyeon and Minnie said loudly at once, taking each other’s arm and walking towards the conference door.

The rest of the group stood up. Soyeon and Yuqi darted quickly towards their unnies, while Shuhua immediately cleaned up her phone and drink. “Last one to the rooms’ a rotten egg!” she said towards Y/N, and speeding off towards her fellow group members.

Y/N could hear their voiced trailing off from the hallway as they went off towards their dorms. He turned his head back towards the table and Soojin was sorting the last pieces of her things and fixing everyone else’s chairs.

“Sorry Manager-nim. They are a bunch of crackheads,” she quipped.

“It’s okay. You can call me Y/N. It’s Soojin, right?”

Soojin nodded and supplied him a very wide smile.

“Let’s follow them towards the rooms. I’m sure you’d want to know where you’d sleep.”

Gosh I’m going to manage a bunch of crackheads, Y/N thought to himself as he followed Soojin out of the conference room.