Idle Room

Y/N's POV.

Soojin and I followed the rest of her members towards their dorms. I got to say, they really act different from what they’re portrayed on their MVs. Everyone else was so outgoing and bubbly which really came as a surprise since they always show them as this fierce and sexy group of girls that you do not want to mess with. Anyway, I paced slowly with Soojin, and my heart was pounding very hardly against my own chest as we made our way through the girls’ dorms.

“I heard you were hired for two weeks now, Y/N?” she asked, breaking the short silence.

“I-uh- well yes,” I replied rather shyly. “They said that I would be managing a girl group. I’m not really sure I understood the job description properly when I first heard of it."

Soojin smiled. Her red lips lining sexily on her perfectly fair and round face. “Sorry to disappoint. We’re quite a handful.”

“No, no I do not mean that! I mean, I wasn’t really into Korean music despite being half-Korean myself. I lived my life quite accustomed to western music styles so the music-as well as the artists-never really came to my attention until now.”

Soojin nodded in response.

“I see. So this must be a huge adjustment for you.”

“It is actually,” I am starting to get comfortable here. “We’ll I’m not gonna lie; I did listen to a little bit of your music when I learned that i would be managing you. You girls really are good, you know.”

“Ah that. Soyeon is actually the one who does most of the writing and production. She divides work among us six very carefully. I could not ask more of a perfect leader and a great friend like her."

“Yes I think she really is. She’s very scary on stage and I see that very clearly.”

Soojin let out a little giggle. “Well, ‘on stage’ is very accurate. Well that applies to all of us. Of course that includes me.”

“Why didn’t you run out like everyone else did?”

She placed her hands behind her back. “Well, someone had to walk you here right? Looks like no one else would. I don't want our manager to be running after us. I do have a tendency to follow them though."

“Oh, well that’s right. Thank you.”

I fell silent not knowing how to continue the conversation. She was very thoughtful and I could not seem to keep up with that; not to mention the huge trail of sweat that was running down from my temple was definitely distracting me from establishing a good topic. Good thing it was opposite her and hidden from her view. Needless to say, I was very tense being next and conversing to a well-known idol. Let alone a hot one, even.

Excuse me, a VERY HOT one at that.

“By the way, how was the tour?” I asked, breaking the silence between us.

Soojin looked surprised with my question, but she then proceeded to answer it.

“Exhausting, but it was worth it. I would get the exhaustion off better once I finally got to lie down on the bed.”

“It must be hard being an Idol.”

“Well it really is not easy, but it would grow on you. Why? Have you imagined yourself being an idol? You really have the visuals to make it.”

I felt my ears grow red hot like her lips at her compliment. I smiled and let out a little chuckle.

“Well the entertainment industry isn’t really for me I think. I was well out in college before I went here in Korea, so it really never crossed my mind. I think I prefer working behind the scenes. Thank you for the compliment though.”