A Bet of High Notes

Y/N, Minnie and Miyeon approached the parked black CLK on the cold night after placing their disguises once more, with each of them holding their respective orders on their hands. To (G) I-DLE’s Unnie line, the trip was perfectly normal as it wasn’t the first time that the pair of them snuck out of the dorm at night to go someplace else, but Y/N was still stuck in a state of awe and confusion as he continued to process what he just saw.

Of course it was completely normal for idols to be hanging out with each other like that off stage, after all they are also humans and need some private time to catch up with one another, but to see that there were actually that many idols, boy group and girl group members alike, from different entertainments and in the same room, it was just too much to digest on one sitting.

“Oppa,” Minnie began, stopping on her tracks as Miyeon followed suit. “You seem lost there again. I thought if we invited you over to this place you’d get relaxed. You seemed more lost than when I first saw you.”

“Is there something wrong oppa? You didn’t like Minnie’s order? You can taste mine; it’s far more superior to what she’s having.” Miyeon added, smirking.

“Ya…!”

“No, no, no, I’m fine.” Y/N mused. “It’s just surprising to see that you idols have this secret underground base hidden somewhere in Seoul, and not to mention being around too much idols is just something I can’t process on the first meeting.”

“Awww, our precious manager’s being shy around other idols! How cute does that look?” Miyeon teased.

“Noona, please don’t put it that way,” Y/N said, his cheeks flushing pink. “I’m not used to being with idols other than you girls.”

“Oppa is really loyal; I like it.” Minnie said.

“You know what let’s just go back to the dorm quickly. I don’t want to push our luck,” Y/N said as he unlocked the car with a soft beep.

“You know oppa,” Miyeon continued as soon as the pair of Y/N’s noonas sat on the back of the car. “It was refreshing to have you as a manager you know. I mean, manager Lee was quite responsible but she’s more of a work person, so most of the time she’s just not in the dorm with us. She’s very determined oppa.”

“I can see that. Sunbae makes everything easier for me in all honesty, with how much skill and experience she’s had managing you girls.”

“Manager Lee must’ve really had a hard time with us that they needed to hire Y/N-nim here for us,” said Minnie, laughing.

“Does Sunbae know of this place?” asked Y/N.

“Of course she does,” replied Miyeon as the Y/N began to back the car up. “She had never accompanied us here though; she was always busy and had no time for small leisure times even though we invite her.”

“Yeah,” agreed Minnie. “She’s really hard working.”

Y/N veered off from the parking lot of the hidden café and drove towards the main road, and with it the three of them fell awfully silent, with the only sound of the sipping of the drink from the two elder (G)I -dle members the only sound heard through the stillness of the car.

“That milktea got me good; I’m starting to feel a bit sleepy with it,” remarked Minnie.

“I can think of the same. Oppa, what do you think of the drink?” Miyeon asked towards Y/N, looking towards him through his reflection on the rear-view mirror.

“Oh I haven’t finished it yet. I left it on the cup holder and I’ll just drink it later. It’s hard to weave it in when you’re driving,” replied Y/N, pointing towards the cup holder where the milktea was placed.