Homecoming

Hello oppa, so you’re coming home back to Korea with Soyeon I see? I can’t wait for you.  You didn’t forget about what I said last time right? 😉😘

Y/N was left to think about his trip that night, his thoughts immediately swerved from Soyeon’s secret soft personality towards Soojin waiting for him back at Korea. He knew that something would happen, yet the more he thought of it the more he became split between going back to Korea, or cherishing his little private moments with Soyeon before their departure, but Y/N being himself ate his dinner that night and went to sleep before even thinking too much of things that are about to come.

The next morning, Y/N and Soyeon woke up both sleepy eyed with how early their schedule flight was, and thanks to their insufficient rest time they both spent the first few hours of the flight snoring beside each other with Soyeon unconsciously leaning on Y/N’s shoulder. It was only when Y/N woke up to go to the flight restroom did they both shook off from their sleeping trance. He softly tapped Soyeon’s arm to wake her up, with (G) I-DLE’s leader replying to him with a soft groan.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you,” Y/N said as he sat back beside Soyeon. “You were leaning on me and I really had to go to the restroom.”

“Mhhm…? Oh, I’m sorry for leaning. It’s okay I’m just… tired.”

“Okay then, do you need something? I can tell the attendants on my way to the restroom.”

“I’m quite… hungry oppa. We haven’t eaten anything satisfying when we left. Maybe bread or two would do.”

Y/N felt his stomach grumble.

“Well now that you’ve said it, I kinda feel it too. Don’t worry, I’ll ask them for some food. I’ll be right back.”

“Thank you Y/N-nim.”

Soyeon supplied him with a very wide smile before she succumbed once again to her sleep by covering her face with the small blanket she always brought whenever they travelled overseas.

A few minutes later, Y/N returned holding a tray of buttered bread and a platter of mashed potatoes. His presence seemed to stir Soyeon away from her sleep as she eyed her manager standing before her.

“Here you go,” Y/N said as he handed Soyeon the platter of buttered bread she requested. “The attendant wanted to serve it herself but I insisted I could manage.”

“What did you get for yourself, oppa?”

“I got mashed potatoes,” He replied as soon as he got across her and made his way back on his seat. “You can get some if you want.”

“Thanks, but I don’t really like vegetables that much.”

“Are you sure? I heard they taste really good because of the gravy they serve.”

Soyeon eyed him as he took a spoonful of mashed potatoes in his mouth.

“It tastes really good.”

“Okay,” Soyeon replied rather curiously. “I guess I could help a spoon or two. I just want to taste it.”

After letting Soyeon take a small portion of his potatoes, one spoon became two, and then eventually three, until they were both sharing Y/N’s mashed potatoes of which Soyeon surprisingly liked.

“I like potatoes when they are cooked like this. Do you know how to make them like these?”

“A bit, yeah. I still couldn’t perfect the sauce but the potatoes I can cook perfectly.”

“Great, I’d like to see some more of these back at the dorm oppa. I’m looking forward to it. How do you cook it to reach something like this anyway?”