Chapter 3

Crimson's POV:

I had drifted off to sleep in the hospital-esque room. When I awoke the room looked exactly as it did before. My wound seemed to be fully healed this time and it didn't hurt. I pulled myself out of the bed and grabbed my belongings. I walked out of the room and looked around for Charles.

On my search for the professor, I saw many curious characters including a blue man with a tail, a woman who was naked and covered in blue scales, and a guy wearing sunglasses inside. I finally found a door labeled "Professor Charles Xavier" and I knocked on the door. I could hear some movement from inside.

"Come inside," Charles said sounding a little out of breath. I stepped inside the office and immediately noticed a disheveled-looking man standing next to Charles. "Don't mind Erik" Charles spoke gesturing at the man who didn't acknowledge my presence. I took a seat at the chair in front of Charles' desk. "So Hank tells me you've decided to stay here?" Charles asked sounding pleasantly surprised. 

"Yes, I have. I figure maybe I'll learn a thing or two" I said nonchalantly looking back and forth between Charles and Erik. "One thing though, I need to get my stuff if I'm going to stay," I told Charles deciding against making eye contact with Erik. 

"Right, just a moment," Charles said as he raised his finger to his temple for a moment. Then a man raced into the room with a silver jacket and even more silver hair, he looked kinda like Erik. "Crimson this is Peter" Charles said while Peter offered a small wave. "Just tell him where you need to go and uh stand up," Charles continued. I told Peter my address and stood up. He put his hand on the back of my neck.

"Just what do you think you're doing silverware?" I asked Peter

"I'm holding your neck so you don't get whiplash," Peter said.

"Why would I get-" I started to say before I was moving at hundreds of miles per hour, the world around me a blur. Then it all stopped and I was on my porch feeling incredibly nauseous. 

"You'll be fine, it happens to everyone," Peter stated cooly. I walked up to my door and unlocked it. My place was small and messy, but it was mine. Peter zoomed past me and stretched out on my couch. "Is this gonna take long?" Peter asked sounding like a kid stuck in the car on a road trip. I shrugged my shoulders and got to packing.

I went off to my room and packed a bunch of clothes and my other shoes into a duffel bag. I grabbed anything else I wanted and shoved it into a backpack. I glanced around the space seeing if I missed anything when I saw Peter checking himself out in my bathroom mirror. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and threw my duffel bag's strap across my body. 

"Hey silverware, you done in there, or do you two need a moment alone?" I asked jokingly watching Peter admire himself. Next thing I know I'm back at Xavier's school feeling worse for wear. 

"Your room in the second one on the right on the third floor" Charles spoke inside my head. I don't think I'll get used to that anytime soon. Can he see my memories? "I can, but I won't look through them without your permission" Charles spoke. 

I started on my adventure to find a way to the third floor. I found hallway after hallway that looked pretty much the same. Charles really needs to give out maps. I stood there looking around in the fifth identical hallway. I could hear someone down the hallway and turned to face them. I saw the blue guy with the tail approaching me.

"Hi I'm Kurt, are you lost?" the man asked struggling a little with his words. 

"Yeah, I'm looking for my room, it's on the third floor," I spoke

"I can take you there," Kurt said quietly

"Well thank you, Kurt; I'm Crimson by the way," I said as nicely as possible. Kurt walked forward and took my arm in his. Then we appeared on what I assumed was the third floor. I turned to thank Kurt again but he was gone. Well, he seemed nice. I walked to the second door on the right and saw a little nameplate next to the door. It read "Room 308, Crimson". I noticed the lack of a keyhole in the door, no privacy here I guess. 

I opened up the door and saw a nice-sized room. The walls were wooden and there was a rather firm carpet in the room. I looked around and saw I had been given a queen-sized bed, a small closet built into the wall, a nightstand by the bed, and a desk. I spotted a door on the side of the room and approached it. I knocked gently just in case. No response. I opened the door and saw a small bathroom complete with one of those vertical shower cubicles. 

I unpacked all my stuff and threw the empty bags under my bed. I saw a small note on my desk. Curious I picked it up and read it:

"Crimson,

I hope you're settling in well. Due to your specific mutation, we won't be starting training right away. Please go down to Hank's lab tomorrow at 9 am. 

-Professor X"