Chapter 20

Crimson's POV:

I was taking a late-day nap, okay I might have just gone to bed at the time grandparents do. I awoke to the sound of a commotion downstairs. Confused and half-asleep I got up to investigate. I started to hear singing? I continued on towards the source of the noise and I ended up outside the lounge. 

Curious I pushed the door open and took in a hilarious sight. Very obliviously drunk Peter, Hank, and Scott stood in front of a microphone with their arms slung around each other's shoulders. I watched on with a huge grin as they sung together. 

"Don't go breaking my heart"

"I couldn't if I tried"

"Oh, honey, if I get restless"

"Baby, you're not that kind"

I took a seat on the couch and watched their performance with Jean, Raven, Alex, and Kurt who struggled to keep it together. The boys sang on giving it their best effort as they drunkenly swung back and forth as a unit. Eventually, they finished their song and they started to move to sit down. Then before I know it Peter has pulled me onto the "stage" with him. He takes a remote out of his pocket and points it at a screen selecting a song. Soon the music starts and he wraps his arm around my waist and holds me close to him. 

"I come home, in the mornin' light"

"My mother says when are you gonna live your life right?"

"Oh momma dear, we're not the fortunate ones"

"And they wanna have fun"

"Oh, girls just wanna have fun"

I start to get into the song and lose myself while singing with Peter, who reeked of alcohol. He swung back and forth and I struggled to keep him up as he sang. 

"Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one"

"But girls they wanna have fun"

"Oh girls just wanna have"

"That's all they really want"

"Some fun"

I look up and see Erik standing in the doorway staring at Peter sing his heart out. I don't think I've ever seen such a strong look of disappointment on anyone's face. I grabbed the mic from the stand and started directly at Erik catching his attention.

"When the workin' day is done"

"Oh, when the workin' day is done"

"Oh, girls"

"Girls just wanna have fun"

Erik stares bewildered before moving further into the room. He approaches the stage and takes both the microphone and the remote. I haul Peter to the couch and set him down. Erik takes the stage in a dramatic pose and the music begins. I recognize the song immediately, oh god no.

"I'm never gonna dance again"

"Guilty feet have got no rhythm"

"Though it's easy to pretend"

"I know you're not a fool"

"I should have known better than to cheat a friend"

"And waste a chance that I'd been given"

"So I'm never gonna dance again"

"The way I danced with you"

Erik continued on his song singing his heart out and giving us a whole performance. There was no way he hadn't done this before. I mean the man had choreography and everything. The song finished and Peter picked himself up off the couch and sped all of us to the "stage" before stealing the remote. He picked his song and I knew exactly what song it was, and he had good taste.