Chapter 60

Crimson's POV:

Everyone was gathered for a meeting and no one seemed to be in good mood. 

"The humans are only escalating, they burned down a school full of children for god's sake! We cannot continue to sit back just react to their attacks. We need to do something!" Erik pleaded. 

"If we harm them in any way we'll just prove their point. We cannot make this worse or more people will end up dead," Charles replied.

"We have to find a way to destroy what they hate about us," Scott started. 

"Does the world know what my power is?" I asked the group.

"No, I don't think you've shown it publicly," Jean answered. 

"What if I let them kill me?" I asked. 

"No, absolutely not! You are not giving yourself to them, what if they figure out your trick? You could end up locked away again," Hank replied. 

"It's risky, but if we publicly give her to them and let them kill her it could sway their opinions," Charles added. 

"If we convince the world that is she is an exception. That we hate her and want her dead too. Give humans and mutants a common enemy and then destroy that enemy very publicly," Erik chimed in. 

"Stryker figured out how to neutralize powers, what if someone has as well," Peter spoke clearly worried. 

"Who is the biggest voice in anti-mutant groups?" Hank questioned. 

"Victor Kirk, he's known to be incredibly violent and dangerous," Charles answered. 

"We reach out to him and say we want to help him get rid of me. You guys have turned against me and hate me for what I've done and all that. Then he kills me and the whole world sees mutants and humans working together to destroy their common enemy," I explained. 

"Some of us should be there when he kills you, to show support for your murder and just in case something goes wrong," Charles added. 

"I wanna go," Erik announced. 

"Dad, you're a terrorist," Peter spoke bluntly. 

"What he means is, you also killed the royal family and they want to kill you too," Jean corrected. 

"So, no Erik you're not going," Warren teased. Erik sent him a glare and Warren shut up. 

"Show of hands, who wants to go to my murder?" I jokingly asked. Hank, Scott, Peter, and Warren raised their hands. 

"I would go, but I need to ensure that all mutants can trust me, seeing as I am the head of the school," Charles spoke. 

"It carries the most weight if Hank turns her over since they're engaged," Jubilee pointed out. Everyone nodded. 

"Scott everyone knows you're Alex's brother and I don't think that would go well, so you should stay home," Jean added.

"And I guess as Magneto's son I should stay home as well?" Peter asked annoyed. 

"So, Hank and I will do it and the rest of you just need to watch the show," Warren announced. Everyone nodded. 

"Now we just set this up and hope Kirk agrees to it," Charles added. 

An Hour Later

Hank, Warren, and I were all crammed into Charles' office while Hank waited for Victor Kirk to pick up the phone. We all waited and hoped that it worked and that he doesn't suspect anything. Hank started talking and we heard his side of the conversation.