Chapter 19

Torture Warning

Crimson's POV:

I had been with Stryker for I believe a couple of days now, I hadn't seen the outside world so I based time on Stryker's energy and the number of outfit changes. Each day he came in and asked the same question over and over again each day finding a new way to torture me. The third interrogation his method was burning the skin on my abdomen, the fourth day it was cutting lines lengthways across my forearms, today was the fifth day. The pain never stopped, nothing healed properly, my hand had made no sign of coming back. Someone will come for me soon, right?

The door opened and there came Stryker ready to ask the same damn question and receive the same fucking answer. This is textbook insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I suppose that is why he never utilized the same form of torture twice, it gave him hope that something would break me. 

Stryker walked over the table and picked up a hammer and a screwdriver, I could only begin to imagine how he would make use of the pair. Would he build me a house? Put together some furniture? It seemed he had a different idea, one less constructive. 

He pulled up my shirt and felt around my abdomen. He then placed the screwdriver directly on top of one of my ribs. He lined the hammer up on top of it and stared me down with a sickening grin. 

"I think you know by now what I am here to ask"

"I'm afraid I do not know the muffin man"

Stryker still unamused slammed the hammer down onto the screwdriver causing an audible cracking noise. I could feel the immense pain from several areas of my body and he continued on cracking and breaking rib after rib. He didn't even stop to question me this time. He merely went about his work with a smile on his face. 

"Someone's just upset that he's less evolved"

"I will kill you"

"Is that supposed to be a threat because that's all I've ever wanted?"

"I will kill everyone you love"

"In that case, I love you"

A little while later

I awoke to loud alarms going off and a red siren lit up the room. Oh boy, this should be good. The door burst open and Stryker ran in looking a little beat up. He ran to me and held a gun against my head. Some after Erik walked calmly into the room, he looked at me and his eyes lit up, and then his face contorted with anger. Erik started to move towards me.

"Move any closer and I kill her" Stryker warned.

Erik merely chuckled and held up his hand. He turned Stryker's gun and pulled the trigger killing Stryker instantly with a bullet to the brain. Erik rushed towards me and undid the restraints. He pulled me off of the table and into his arms gently. 

"What the fuck did he do?" Erik asked.

"He took away my powers, all of them, and then tortured me," I answered.

Erik pulled away a bit and took a look at me. He took in all the cuts, bruises, burns, and bloodstains before his eyes locked onto where my hand was. He looked me back in the eyes looking somehow furious and a bit teary-eyed at the same time. 

"I'd kill him again if I got the chance!"

"Can we please go home?"

"Of course, the others should be home soon, they are searching the rest of the compound."

I wrapped my arm tightly around Erik's waist as he helped me to move through the now wrecked compound. We made our way to an exit and I saw blinded by the light outside. The sun felt nice and warm against my skin. Erik laid me down onto the backseat in a car before getting himself into the driver's seat.