Chapter 32

Crimson's POV:

I woke up in my bed, or our bed? This whole thing is very confusing and I'm even going to try to make sense of it. I got up showered and put some fresh clothes on. I glanced at the calendar and noted that it was Sunday, dinner day, and more importantly, prank day. I had one thing I wanted to do first before starting on the prank.

I walked out of the school and around the grounds. I didn't know exactly where it was, but it had to be around here somewhere. After probably an hour of wandering around, I finally spotted it. I walked over and sat down next to the wooden "X". Engraved in the wood were the words "Alex Summers, Born 1939". I just sat there for a long time, trying to think of what to say.

"I'm sorry I missed your funeral Alex, I would have given anything to be there. We all miss you and we will get that sorry excuse for a King. I miss you could be there when we do. I'm still working on bullying your brother into proposing, I will make sure they end up together. I promise Alex."

I look around and noticed the sun was beginning to set. I should go inside for dinner, but frankly, I'd rather be here right now. I'm not exactly ready to go back to trying to rebuild a relationship with someone who doesn't even know me. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see who was there. It was Scott, he walked over and held his hand out. I took it and got up from my spot next to Alex. We began to walk back towards the school.

"Do you think he'd be proud of me?" Alex asked quietly.

"Of course, who wouldn't be?" I answered confidently.

"I miss him"

"I miss him too"

A silence fell as we walk back. Scott decided to break it and remind both of us of our little mission.

"Remember to get him dirty enough that his shower will make him miss dinner, we don't want dinner to be interrupted. Peter will mess with his water pressure will you keep him busy."

"This shouldn't be too difficult, I doubt he'd ever turn down training."

"Peter and I also set up a little surprise for you..."

"Should I be scared?"

"Maybe, maybe not"

A surprise from Peter and Scott? That's a very terrifying thought. Regardless I had a job to do, and a mutant to distract and get dirty. I spotted Logan having a cigar on the porch and it was on. I approached him and thought about the best way to get him all messed up.

"Logan I was thinking we should do some sparring, you know since we're pretty evenly matched"

"Sure, get your knives and meet me in the bunker tomorrow morning"

"Actually I was thinking we should train in a different terrain, you know most of our fights don't happen in empty bunkers"

"Just spit out your idea"

"A lakeside brawl?"

"Oh your own, but remember I've got 7 years more experience than you so don't be too shocked when you lose"

"Oh, I'm not losing Logan"

"Wanna back that up?"

Logan stood up and stared me dead in the eyes. I matched his gaze and stood closer to him.

"Let's go, you and me at the lake in 5 minutes"

"Deal"

Logan put out his cigar and walked off. I grabbed a rock and hurled it towards Peter's window. He almost instantly appeared at the window. I waved my arms to get his attention and then gave him a thumbs up. He immediately dashed off, probably to get Scott and finish their end of the prank.