Chapter 47

Crimson's POV:

I was in the middle of a lesson when Charles suddenly entered my mind. 

"Without alarming your students I need all of you to come down to my office immediately" 

Well shit. How exactly can every teacher leave their class suddenly at the same time without alarming any of the kids? Shoot come on, think of something. Oh, that might work. 

"Guys, please behave yourselves, I have to step out for a few minutes to help Professor X move some new equipment in. Just keep working on your projects"

The kids seemed to buy my excuse and thankfully none of them are telepathic. I left my classroom and noticed everyone else leaving there's. What could possibly have happened that requires all of us immediately? Nothing good. We all jogged down to Charles' office and stood impatiently. All of the school staff had crammed into Charles' office. Tension filled the room and we all seemed to dread what would happen next. Charles finally spoke up.

"King Andrew has just boarded a private flight to New York. He hasn't disclosed where he's going, but judging by the number of guards and level of security, I'd expect he's going to pay us a visit. We've got just under eight hours until he lands, prepare yourselves and work on securing the school. It is imperative that we don't scare the kids. They've just started to trust us, we can't let them know that they are in danger. Protecting them is the number one priority," Charles spoke.

"Let me get this straight Charles, in order to not betray their trust in us, we have to lie to their faces?" Scott asked. 

"The chaos of nearly two hundred mutants who aren't in control of their powers learning that their lives in grave danger would make the situation far worse," Charles answered. 

"That flight lands at 6 pm, the kids will all be awake. What do we do with them to make sure they don't know?" Kurt asked. 

"I can show them a movie," Jubilee suggested. 

"I'll get a screen and everything set up in the bomb shelter. They'll be far away from any danger, they won't be able to see or hear anything and they will all be in the safest place available," Hank added. 

"So, we all know what we have to do?" Erik asked the group. A chorus of yes's erupted through the cramped office. Everyone split off and went back to their classrooms. Now to just teach for four more hours and not make the kids suspicious. I walked back into my classroom and half the kids were working and half were goofing off with their friends. 

"Miss Howlett, what was the new equipment for?" Desiree asked. 

"It's stuff for a movie night tonight! Everyone's gonna gather together and we're gonna have a nice movie night!" I spoke trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Where are we all gonna fit?" One of my other students asked. 

"Unfortunately, the only room big enough to fit everyone in is the shelter in the basement," I answered. Desiree gave me a skeptical look and she definitely didn't believe me, but it seemed like the rest were convinced. 

Four Hours Later (Four Hours Before The Plane Lands) [2 pm]

I dismissed my last class of the day. I followed the kids out of the room before splitting off to go to the training room. I entered and Erik was already there having some one-on-one time with the punching bag. He looked up when I walked in. 

"Fancy a spar?" He asked. 

"With you? Always," I answered with a smirk. We moved over to the padded part of the floor before getting into a better position.