Chapter 36

Crimson's POV:

"Relax, you and I are the only ones who know about this house. It's just you and me, unfortunately," Erik spoke getting up from the couch. 

"Yay," I spoke, unenthusiastically. Erik stood there not knowing what to do next. I decided to give in to his out-of-character kindness. I moved forward and wrapped him into a hug. He froze up for a solid several seconds before giving in. With a few awkward pats on the back, we broke apart. 

"So, why'd you run away?" Erik asked, returning to the couch, which I joined him on. 

"Hank"

"I'm going to need more than that"

"He said he couldn't stand pretending to have feelings for me anymore and then he kept going and told me that the school was not my home anymore and to just go"

"Can I kill him? Please"

"I think there's already a line forming to rip him apart"

"But I'm number 1, remember?"

"It just hurts, you know. I really tried to help him and be nice about him not knowing anything about me, and then he said shit like that?"

"Well, I'm going to go your mind far away from Hank and the school and we're going to figure this all out"

"Erik, stop being nice, it's creeping me out"

"Alright, asshole put your bags down and come outside"

"There's the Erik I know and tolerate"

I threw my bags in the corner and walked outside. Erik followed me outside. What the fuck is his plan now? Go for a walk or some shit? Erik lunged forward and punched me in the nose. Oh, I understand. We're gonna finally kill each other. 

"You know killing you would make me feel better"

I dived forward and tackled Erik to the ground. I punched him in the face several times careful to avoid breaking his nose. Erik shifted all his weight and flipped it so he was on top. He laced his fingers together and slammed down on my ribs. I turned to my side to push him off and I quickly got up onto my feet. Erik moved to his feet too, but he was swaying a bit. He moved to kick me but I moved faster and grabbed his ankle. I quickly twisted his ankle and then he pulled it out of my grasp. Erik tried again and ran towards me bending over a bit and he slammed into me sending me backwards into the side of the house. I glanced over the spotted the ax lying against a pile of logs, I got there first and grabbed the ax. Erik used his powers and plunged the ax deep into my chest. I moved forward and tackled Erik again. I grabbed a nearby rock and held it in both my hands. I held it up and stared Erik in the eyes before letting it tumble to the ground. 

"I knew you'd never kill me"

"Shut up Lehnsherr"

"You're just mad you love me"

"I do not"

"Yes, you do"

"No, I don't"

"Yes"

"No"

Logan's POV:

I searched around the mansion in a frenzy, with my claws out and ready. Eventually, I found the little rat. The bitch was curled up in a ball and crying in the warehouse. Unfortunately, I have a code of honor, I don't kill men who are already down. So, I'll wait and then rip him apart for hurting her. As I left the warehouse I bumped into the fast guy and captain sunglasses. They stopped when they saw my claws out. 

"What's going on?" Captain Sunglasses asked. 

"I don't know, but that tool hurt Crim and she took off," I answered.

"What do you mean she took off?" The fast guy asked seeming worried. 

"She had two bags packed and she just took off, I don't know where she could go," I explained. 

"I'll check all the obvious places," The fast guy said before running away and quickly returning. "I couldn't find her anywhere," The fast guy spoke while running his hands through his hair. 

"What did Hank do to make her just take off like that?" Captain Sunglasses asked. 

"She didn't explain. I asked what happened and she just said his name before running out of here," I explained. The two boys pushed past me and went towards the warehouse. I followed them and we soon made it there. The bitch in question was now sat on a stool with his head in his hands. He was mumbling something, but I couldn't understand most of it. 

"Why...holding her back...potential...you won't kill...that was the deal," He mumbled under his breath. I tried to decipher what I could hear him say, but none of it made sense. I heard someone behind me and I turned around. Charles leaned his weight against the door frame and held on like he was going to collapse. 

"Has anyone seen Erik?"

Crimson's POV:

I woke up screaming and I knew Erik must have been having another nightmare. Unfortunately, unlike our prison cell, this house was filled with metal objects which were all under his unconscious control. I pulled myself out of my bed and rushed to his room dodging floating objects left and right. I opened his door and many metal objects formed a protective shield around Erik who was thrashing around his bed. I pushed my way through the barrier and grabbed hold of Erik before shaking him awake. As his eyes opened the clatter of all the metal objects hitting the ground echoed throughout the house. 

"He was right there... he- he killed my mother"

"I know Erik, I know"

"Why?"

"I don't know Erik, I'm sorry"

"I'm going to be sick"

Erik pulled himself out of his bed and rushed to the bathroom before throwing up in the sink. I placed a hand on his back to remind him that he's not alone. He threw up several times before slowly raising his head and staring at his reflection in the mirror. His hair was a mess, his eyes were red and puffy, and vomit sat on the corners of his mouth. 

"We're going to be okay, I promise you"

"Shut up"