Chapter 41

Crimson's POV:

I eventually got up and took my bags to my room. I got up cleaned up and unpacked all my stuff back into our room. I sat down on the bed of once again tried to process the past 24 hours. I brought Erik back to life? I mean he was dead. The man was dead and now he isn't because of me. I'm not sure I really want this kind of power. Charles suddenly broadcasted a mental message to everyone in the school.

"For security reasons, no one can leave the property until further notice. Also, no one is to be outside alone."

Great, we're stuck here together until further notice. How were there still no available rooms? The second and third floors weren't in use, right? Everyone who used to be on the third floor moved up to the fourth floor. What did Charles have planned? All those vacant rooms were locked and Charles insisted they were being used. According to Peter, Charles has been spending all day long in his office on the phone. Something is definitely up, but I have no idea what. 

I laid back on the pillows and saw a folded-up piece of paper with my name on it. I picked it up and slowly unfolded it. I read it quietly to myself:

"Crim, 

I'm incredibly sorry for my behavior, but I've told you know why I had to say those awful things to you. I want to fix things between us if you're wanting to give us another shot meet me by the lake at 8 tonight.

Love,

Bones"

Love? Well, that's new. Is it technically new? This whole memory loss thing is confusing. I do need to bug Charles about fixing his memory soon. Whatever, I have to focus on getting ready for tonight. What do you wear to meet your sort-of ex, who you live with, who forgot the first time you were in a relationship?

I got up and went to the fourth floor. I stretched out and knocked on both of their doors. The doors swung open and the two boys appeared in their doorways looking confused. I slung one arm around each of them and led them to my room. 

"Boys, I'm having a little meet up with Hank tonight by the lake and you're gonna help me get ready"

"Scott, twenty bucks says they hook up"

"On their first time back together? I doubt it, so you're on"

"I am right here"

"And?"

Hank's POV:

I walked up to the door to Charles' office and pressed my ear against it. Shoot, he was in there. I turned and saw Erik walking down the hall. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? I quietly, but quickly went to Erik. 

"Can you please get your husband out of his office?"

Erik started to walk past me. I had to think of something and fast. 

"I only need him gone for 5 minutes"

"That's a you problem"

"It's for Crimson"

"Fine"

"Thank you"

I watched as Erik confidently entered the office without even bothering to knock. After about a minute Erik walked out with Charles trailing behind him. Erik winked at me and I threw up in my mouth. I focused again on the task at hand and I snuck into Charles' office. I went behind his desk and opened up a drawer. Inside was a half-drunk bottle of whiskey, I decided to get rid of it because I know he won't. I grabbed the bottle and closed that drawer before opening up another. I searched through it before finally finding the set of keys. I took them and slipped them into my pocket before escaping the office.