Chapter 13

Crimson's POV:

When I woke up there was a note from Erik under my door and well everyone else's.

"Be down at Cerebro at 1 pm in nice clothes, be silent, and don't be late. We'll see who the chicken really is," It read.

I did as the note said putting on some nicer clothes and making my way to the entrance to Cerebro. Everyone else stood by the door to Cerebro which was open. Inside was Charles and Erik standing on the small platform.

"I've made it so Charles can't see us," Jean said inside my head.

Erik stood tall in front of Charles and I could see his hands shaking ever so slightly. Was about to do what I think he was?

"Charles, my love I have loved you since we met. When you jumped into the water to calm my mind. You've helped me at every step of the way. I love you more than anything else in this world," Erik spoke. Erik got down on one knee and looked Charles in the eye, who was already crying.

"Charles Xavier, will you do me the honor of being my husband?" Erik asked.

"Only if you will be mine," Charles answered.

Jean lowered the illusion and we all started to clap while Charles and Erik cried and then kissed each other. I understood what Erik meant about being the chicken now. Taking the push I turned to Hank.

"Bones, I can talk to you alone for a second?" I asked.

"Of course," Hank answered moving with me a few feet away from everyone else. I looked him directly in the eyes and spoke.

"Hank I have fe-"

"FREEZE!" Several voices called out.

I turned my head and saw Midas and several of his men launch nets at us. They hit us and we all fell to the floor and everyone started to lose consciousness. I looked Hank in the eyes reaching out for his hand as my vision faded to black.

Many hours later

I woke up in a cage. I stood up and saw Midas walk down the hall. I took a good look at him, he looked exactly like used to. He was very tall, incredibly muscular, bald, with a large black and grey beard and a crown tattoo peeked out from the top of his grey tank-top.

"Don't fret I let your little friends there and didn't lay a finger on them, I just wanted you," Midas said his voice coated with his thick accent.

"I see I've been downgraded in terms of hospitality," I spoke glaring at the man.

"Get ready for your fight, your uniform is over there, and don't lose," Midas threatened before walking away.

The others will come for me, right? They will find a way to get me out of here. I just have to buy time and keep Midas entertained. I got dressed in the clothes Midas left, tight black jeans and a grey tank-top just like him.

A few minutes later three of Midas' men showed up and unlocked my cell. Two of them came in and grabbed me. They dragged me down the hall and shoved me into an elevator with them. We went down a while in the elevator. The doors slid open and I saw the cage and all the rowdy guests crowded around it. Sitting outside the opposite end of the cage was Midas who sat on a golden throne.

The guards pushed me into the cage and forced me over to the far side. A divider dropped down the middle of the cage and I could hear my opponent get pushed into the other side of the cage.

"Gentlemen tonight we have got a treat, my champion Crimson, the bloody knight has returned to us. She will go up against The Rhino!" Midas yelled out, the crowd cheered and pressed themselves right up against the cage.

I looked around getting myself ready for the fight. The floor of the caged was stained with blood and sweat, some spots fresher and lighter than others. The divider raised up and I got a look at my opponent. He was mutant too. He had extremely large and muscular shoulders, but smaller legs, and he had a large horn on his forehead.

He came charging at me, I dodged and jumped up wrapping my hands on his horn. I pushed my legs on the side of the cage so that I ended on his back. I moved my hands to his throat and squeezed hard. He ran backward slamming me against the cage, I could hear the bones crack and break, but I didn't feel it. I wrapped my fingers on the cage wall and launched myself so that my feet made contact first and so they hit the back of his knees. He fell over and grabbed my ankle pulling me down with him. I rolled on top of him and then stood up pressing down on the middle of his back. I took my foot and slammed it on the back of his neck. A very loud crack could be heard and he made no attempts to get up. I moved backward until my back hit the cage. I looked down and I was soaked in blood, both his and mine.

"The Bloody Knight has defeated The Rhino!" Midas yelled out over the roar of the crowd. I could make out small parts of what people were yelling but I couldn't make sense of it. The crowd started to chant.

"Bloody Knight! Bloody Knight! Bloody Knight!" they screamed out.

Eventually, the crowd died down and some of Midas's men brought me to the locker room to shower, Rhino was there too cleaning himself up. Afterwards the men took to a nicer room. It was a small concrete square with a bed in one corner and a punching bag in the other. I collapsed into the bed. I tried to think as hard and loud as possible hoping to get the attention of Charles or Jean. There was no answer, I was back where I was two months ago. The only difference was I couldn't feel the pain anymore, at least not the physical pain.