Chapter 55

Hank's POV:

I was in my lab during the kids' recess enjoying some time alone to work. My project of the day was my own wedding ring. I want it to look nice, match Crimson's, and not break when I switch forms. Getting all three of those things is certainly a tall order and will require some work. I would also prefer that it is Erik proof, but that's less important. My current choice was carbon fiber, it's very strong even when stretched, it looks pretty nice, it can stretch when heated, but always returns to the form you set it in. Now I just have to finish making the ring. Of course, someone had to knock on my door right when things are getting fun. I turned towards the door and saw Logan walking inside. He isn't here to threaten me again right? If I had a dollar for every time he's threatened me I'd be richer than Charles. 

"I need your help," Logan spoke. Well, that's a new one. 

"What do you need?" I asked. 

"Remember when I came back from my trip right before school started?" Logan questioned. 

"Yeah, you showed up covered in wounds and bleeding out, it's kind of hard to forget," I explained. 

"I think my powers have been getting weaker, I didn't want to worry anyone so I hid this, but one of those British soldiers cut me during the fight and it didn't close itself," Logan explained. He lifted up his shirt to show a poorly stitched cut on the side of his torso. 

"I can fix your stitches and run some tests to see what's going on with your abilities. Are your claws working the same or are they having problems too?" I spoke. 

"They work fine, but it hurts to take them out," Logan answered. 

"You're feeling pain?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Yeah, that's new," Logan stated. 

"Fascinating," I uttered. I grabbed the supplies and started to remove his old stitches. He grimaced as I pulled them and I tried to make it quick. Then I put his new stitches and placed a clean bandage on top. I drew some blood and asked him a few more questions and he was good to go. "Stay out of harm's way," I called out as he left. 

"Of course, I got to be healthy for when I walk my little sister down that aisle," Logan spoke. It was nice to hear him speak fondly of anything regarding my relationship with his sister. "Break her heart and I break you, powers or not," Logan stated. There he is, the Logan I know and fear. Now finally back to work on this ring. 

Crimson's POV:

That Evening

I'm on my way to get some dinner. Jubilee really knows what's doing with seemingly every food. I wonder what's she made tonight. 

"Go to my office," Charles spoke telepathically. God damn it. Really? Can I at least get food first? I spent a day with children I need food, Charles! "Just go to my office," Charles spoke. Fine. Just know if you were really here Charles I would probably flip you off. "I'd expect nothing more," Charles spoke. Get out of my head Charles or I'll start thinking about things you don't wanna see! Alright, I think that got him to leave. I turned around and headed to Charles' office. I pulled the door open and talked before even looking. 

"Charles, if this is about me trying to dress code Peter-" I started before noticed Charles wasn't in his office someone else was. 

"Why did you try to dress code my son?" Erik asked from behind Charles' desk. 

"Why are you here? Did you make Charles call me in here?" I asked. 

"Please just take a seat, Crimson," Erik asked practically begging. I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the other side of the desk. 

"Wanna explain what we're doing here metalhead?" I questioned. 

"You asked me before if I was sorry for what I did or for the consequences. Before I admit I was only sorry for the consequences, but not anymore. I'm sorry for everything, I made a gigantic mistake. I was blinded by anger and committed a murder, I killed a king because I wanted revenge for what he did to my husband. I'm sorry for killing. I'm sorry for how I killed him, I made the whole world think you did it and now you have to suffer because of me. I failed you, I failed all mutant-kind and I'm so incredibly sorry. I hurt you and trust me when I say you are quite possibly the most important person in my life. I am more sorry for what I did to you than I can express with words. I have no excuses for what I did, it was wrong and I am truly sorry," Erik explained. 

Despite me trying to them back I was crying a bit. He seemed genuine and I can understand what he did. Andrew had him killed and then killed his husband, I can't begin to understand what that must have been like. 

"Erik, I- I forgive you, but you're on thin ice," I spoke. Erik stood up with a grin and put his arms out for a hug. I stood up and gave into his out-of-character kindness. 

"I can work with thin ice," Erik said chuckling. We pulled away and Erik took his seat again, I pulled suit and we just looked at each other. 

"So what now?" I asked. 

"I am so glad you asked because you and I are sneaking out for a proper night out, one our men never need to know the details about," Erik spoke. 

"I'm intrigued, but aren't there you know millions of people hunting us for sport?" I responded. 

"You underestimate me, I've looked into spots in the city that are entirely mutant friendly, you've got nothing to worry about," Erik spoke very pleased with himself. 

"Oh, a night up in the big city sounds like a plan," I answered. 

"A plan is putting it lightly," Erik said. 

"Hank and Charles never have to know," We both spoke in sync giving each other a high-five.