Chapter 12

Crimson's POV:

It had been a few weeks since the mission. I'd been staying fairly busy and far from Hank. I skipped on the weekly group dinners. I'd still train with Scott every day, have some of Charles' sort of therapy, and hang out with Peter. Logan dropped by occasionally to catch up. Hank slid a note under my door every morning. Sometimes I'd write back, but I didn't really know what to say. 

Someone came into my room without bothering to knock first. I looked up and surprisingly it was Erik, his natural hair color was growing in at his roots now. 

"Listen, Betty White, I don't have time for your bullshit," I told him. 

"Too bad. I'm here to help and there's no getting rid of me," He replied in his usual cocky tone. 

"Fine," I answered standing up defeated. I knew he was right, he wouldn't leave until I gave in. He dragged me along using his powers to move me, like a dog on a leash. He pulled me to the gym and stopped in front of a punching bag. Why would I need a punching bag when Erik is standing right there?

"Pretend that bag is the version of Hank from your vision and just do what you want to it," Erik instructed. 

I did as he said, picturing the bag as that Hank. I started punching it again and again. Throwing all my anger in each hit. I could feel blood trickling down my hands. I kept hitting again and again until I was too tired to continue. I backed up panting and looked to Erik who stood with a cocky grin. 

"Feel better?" he asked.

"Yeah, actually," I answered.

A few days later

I had added hitting the punching bag to part of my routine and it was honestly helping a lot more than I'd expected. Unfortunately, Erik was right about something. So when he came to my door yet again I actually was excited. 

"Put this over your eyes and don't take it off unless I tell you," He instructed holding out a bandana. I did as he said and tied the bandana tightly over my eyes. Erik put his arm on my back and pushed guiding me around the school. I could tell we were somewhere on the ground floor but had no idea where. Then we stopped and Erik cleared his throat loudly. 

"Crimson?" A voice I recognized as Hank called out softly. Abort mission! Abort! Abort mission! Erik pushed me in the direction of Hank's voice. I stuck my arms out for a hug and soon I could feel Hank's arms wrap around me tightly. He held on tightly and so did I. 

"Hey Bones," I whispered so Erik couldn't hear. 

"Are you doing better?" Hank quietly asked.

"Yeah, thanks to Erik actually," I replied. 

"I'm still here you know?" Erik called out. 

"I missed you," I told him

"I missed you," He whispered. 

"Right lovebirds, that's enough for today," Erik stated. Hank and I pulled apart and Erik directed me back to my room. 

The next night

It was Sunday night, family dinner night. I decided to go for it and attend tonight. I made sure to be a few minutes late, just for a dramatic entrance. I made my way to the dining room and made my entrance. Everyone looked over and starred, surprise written all over their faces. Hank grinned broadly starting to stand up before Logan pushed him down and stood up himself. Logan walked over to me and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey, sis it's good to finally see you," Logan spoke. I looked at the table. Hank looked like he was in the middle of having a heart attack. 

"Sis?" Everyone questioned looking confused as ever. 

"Yeah, Logan's my big brother," I said taking the empty seat between Logan and Hank. Everyone sat there taking in the information. Logan chuckled a bit. Peter suddenly stood up and all eyes turned to him. 

"While we are on the topic of family, Erik you're my dad," Peter said. Everyone's jaw dropped especially Erik's. Erik was Peter's dad?! I mean I knew they looked similar, but holy shit. 

"I'm your what now?" Erik stammered.

"Well, you and my mom umm-" Peter said making some crude hand gestures.

"Peter I know where children come from, I just didn't know I had one," Erik spoke.

"Pizza time?" Kurt asked getting everyone's attention.

"Yeah, I think it's pizza time," Raven said. 

Everyone retook their seats and got to eating and chatting. Logan turned to me.

"So, how did you get out of Midas' little fight club?" he asked. I could feel my stomach drop. No one here knew about that, at least not yet.

"I was outside before an event when I got shot by some random guy, who probably had a grudge against Midas. Then Charles and Hank found my body and took me here," I explained quietly. 

"Has he tried to take you back yet?" Logan asked a little too loudly getting a few people's attention. My hands were starting to shake, at the idea of being forced back there. 

"Take you back where?" Erik asked and soon the whole group had turned to me. I started to panic and I could feel my leg start to bounce up and down. 

"It's alright you're among friends, you can tell us," Charles reassured. I took a deep breath ready to explain. 

"I was out with Logan when I was five and he was twelve when I was taken by a mutant named Midas. He took me to this underground facility where he trained me to fight. A bunch of rich guys would come and bet on fights and watch us try to kill each other. Being in the fights is what made my powers come in and they made me Midas' starfighter. I'd have a fight every day for years and because I couldn't really die he made me his star. I started fighting more and more against stronger and stronger people. Then, one night before a fight I went outside for some fresh air and some guy shot me and I died in the alley. That's when Charles and Hank showed up and took me here, the rest is history," I explained looking at all the surprised and worried faces at the table. 

"I've heard of this guy, they call him Midas because everything and everyone he touches turns to gold forever," Alex said. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get his star back, especially if he hears about your new ability," Logan went on. Hank reached under the table and took one of my hands in his. 

"Well, we will make sure he can't get you," Hank spoke comfortingly.