Chapter 71

Alex's POV:

The boy in front of me looked like he'd seen a ghost and honestly; that's fair. I waved my hand in front of his face and got his attention back.

"Alex Summers, name ring a bell? I think you've seen my grave," I joked. 

"You're- you're dead," The boy spoke clearing not catching up.

"Drop dead gorgeous, but no, I am very much alive," I confirmed. 

"How?" The boy asked.

"I don't know kid, listen one second I'm getting shot by that sorry excuse for a Prince and dying and the next I'm on the floor in a puddle of blood surrounded by dead bodies," I explained. The boy grimaced probably imagining it. "Anyways, where is everybody?" I asked. 

"They went into the city last night for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties, but they should be back soon," The boy explained. Bachelor party? Without me? 

"Who's getting married?" I asked wondering if my brother had finally mustered up some courage. 

"Crimson and Hank," The boy informed. 

"Well it's about damn time"

Crimson's POV:

Once we had gotten everybody sobered up we all gathered in Charles and Erik's hotel room. 

"Sorry for sending us here," Kurt apologized. 

"Just take us home please, I need to sleep," Scott pleaded.

"Grab on," Kurt instructed. Everybody grabbed onto Kurt and soon we were in the driveway to the school. We all walked inside the school and instantly froze. 

Alex's POV:

A Few Minutes Earlier

"You know speaking of me being dead, where is my grave?" I asked. 

"It's out back," The boy answered gesturing with a tilt of his head. I started to walk outside and noticed something strange. My grave wasn't the only one out there. The other one wasn't marked. I grabbed hold of my makeshift headstone and pulled it out of the ground. I started to walk inside when the boy started to speed walk after me.

"What are you doing? You can't just take that," He spoke. 

"I'm gonna hang it above my bed, I think it'd be funny," I answered. Then the door to the school opened. Everyone stopped and stared at me. 

Crimson's POV:

Alex Summers. Alex Summers is standing in the hallway holding his one headstone. I looked around to make sure the others were seeing this. They looked as shocked and confused as I felt. 

"Surprise," Alex spoke breaking the tense silence. 

Scott pushed past all of us and started sprinting full speed at Alex. Alex quickly dropped the headstone and opened his arms. Scott collided with Alex causing him to almost fall over. 

"I missed you, Scotty," Alex announced. 

"How?"

"Where have you been?"

"What?"

"HUH?"

"Alex?"

"What in the actual fuck?"

"Really, your opening line is surprise?"

A million questions flew out of our mouths and Alex seemed a bit overwhelmed. Still holding onto Scott, Alex looked at all of us with an unreadable expression on his face. 

"I'm starving, can you interrogate me over breakfast?" Alex suggested. 

"Alex, it's 2 pm," Erik replied. 

"I died let me have some pancakes," Alex pleaded. 

We all headed to the kitchen and got started making food. Alex decided not to help and instead, he just sat on the edge of the counter. 

"So like I told angel boy over there," Alex gestured toward Warren who sneered at him. "I don't really know what happened. So I rushed Andrew, right? And then he shoots me an excessive amount of times while he escapes. And then I, well then I die. The next thing I know I'm laying in a puddle of blood and there are literal piles of bodies. Erik and Crimson and all chained up and being dragged by a ridiculous amount of guards. Once they see I'm awake they grabbed me and put me down in some weird prison that messed with my powers. Then a few weeks ago suddenly I'm released and told it was all a misunderstanding and that I shouldn't have ever been there in the first place. So I go to my parents' house and they say that they just found out I'm alive. And then this morning I came here," Alex explained. 

So Alex knows he died. He doesn't know I brought him back. I BROUGHT HIM BACK?! And he's been in prison this whole time. Somehow his parents found out he was alive before we did? 

"I can help fill in some gaps, we got this machine to change the memories of everyone at once and when I was going through the memories I found out that you were alive. I changed things so that you would be released. Then I called your parents and explained things as best I could," Charles explained. 

"Doesn't explain how I CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD?!" Alex spoke. Charles and Erik sent me a glance. 

"That would be me-" I started my explanation, but I was interrupted by Alex jumping off the counter and wrapping his arms around me. 

"Thank you," He whispered before pulling away and going back to his spot on the counter. 

"You unlocked a new part of my power, I can do what I do to myself to others," I explained. 

"That's what she said," Peter spoke up.

"God damn it, Peter," Several people said in sync. 

"That wasn't even a good one, man," Alex complained. 

An Hour Later

The breakfast was coming to a natural end and Alex insisted that we end the questions and the barrage of 'I missed yous'. Secretly I think he was kind of enjoying the attention. I started to walk towards my room for a nap when Alex grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

"Can we talk?" He asked. 

"Sure," I answered not sure where this was going. He led me to the lounge and we sat down on one of the couches. 

"I noticed that second headstone outside and Logan and Raven aren't here," Alex trailed off. Oh. That's what this is about. Lovely. 

"Raven left after what happened in England, Logan-," I paused not really knowing what to say. Alex paused and waited for me to say something else. I leaned against him for support. "Logan's powers stopped working and someone attacked the school, they set the place on fire. Logan got trapped and I couldn't bring him back," I explained trying not to cry. 

"I'm so sorry, he was a good guy, he deserves better than that," Alex responded. 

"At least we've got you again," I added trying to lighten things up a bit. 

"So, what's a guy gotta do to be maid of honor?"

Author's Note:

Go ahead and pinch yourselves because this isn't a dream; Alex has returned. How are feeling?