Chapter 8

Crimson's POV:

I couldn't sleep. I don't know why, but nothing worked. I laid in bed for a couple of hours before realizing I wasn't exactly tired. Maybe I should go for a walk to try to tire myself out. I pulled myself out of the warm bed and started on my journey. 

The school was oddly peaceful at night. It was silent and dark, the moonlight shined against the wood floors on the ground level. I squinted at the clock, it was 2 am. Hank better be not be working. I decided to check, just in case. I made my way to the lab trying not to walk into any walls. 

I opened the door and saw the lights were off and the lab was vacant. Good, he was finally getting on top of... well his bed. I looked around the lab again and saw one of the few locked drawers was left open. My curiosity got the best of me and I took a quick look. A saw a bunch of vials filled with a colorful liquid. I saw something else, it looked like blue hair? Was this stuff for Kurt? This feels wrong. I pushed the drawer shut. I'll just forget about this one. 

I walked out of the lab and returned to roaming the halls. 

"Go back to your room," Charles said in my mind. Fine, then back to bed I guess. What time was it? "It's almost 4 am," Charles told me. Shit. I guess Charles did have a point. I made my way back to my hall. Then I froze hearing a distressed short scream. 

I moved in the direction of the noise. I heard it again. Fuck. It was coming from Hank's room. I stopped for a moment. Was it my place? Screw it. I pushed the door open. 

Hank was writhing around his bed. I approached him and firmly grabbed his shoulders and shook them. 

"Hank! Hank! Wake up!" I spoke shaking him until he started to wake up. He panicked and started looking around frantically. "Hank, it's okay. You're alright," I reassured him. He started to calm down and sat up, looking at me.

"Crimson? What- What happened? Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Hank I heard you screaming, you were having a nightmare. Are you okay?" I continued letting go of his shoulders. 

"Yeah, I think I'm okay now," Hank said. He reached over and turned on his light. I could see now that for the first time ever Hank was wearing a regular t-shirt. He followed my gaze, "What, did you think I slept in a button-up?".

"I don't know what I was expecting, but kind of" I joked. 

"Did I wake you up?" Hank asked as his features softened.

"No, I couldn't sleep," I admitted.

"You know that make medicine for that? I probably have some in the lab, I'll go grab it," Hank said starting to get out of the bed. I pressed my hand against his chest and pushed him back down into the bed. His heart was beating a little fast, probably just the nightmare. 

"I think I'll be fine. Anyways we both need some sleep, so I'll be going back to my room," I said taking my hand off his chest and gesturing towards the door. 

"Right, well I'll see you tomorrow," Hank said shutting off the light. 

"Yeah, I'll... uh see you tomorrow," I said walking out of his room. I was walking to my door when a gust of wind hit me and then Peter was standing in front of me blocking my door. 

"Sneaking out of Hank's room late at night? Naughty," He teased wiggling his finger back and forth.

"Peter, it's not what it looks like," I said pushing past him towards my room.

"Did you just call me by my actual name, I'm touched," Peter said putting his hand on his heart. 

"No, silverware you're just hearing things," I said realizing that in my tired state I had indeed slipped up and said his name. 

I walked into my room and faced-planted onto the bed, officially done with the day. I turned over and the rising sun peeked through the curtain and shined directly on my face. Guess I'm sleeping in then.