Chapter 81: Snowmen, Professors, and Wade

Crimson's POV:

"You know, you'd think we'd get used to being cooped up in here after two weeks," I stated while pacing around our room.

"At least it's a big space?" Hank offered not sounding very sure.

"It's a box with a patio," I rebutted.

"What do married people even do?" Hank asked.

"I don't know, get divorced," I stated.

"THAT IS NOT FUNNY!" Hank exclaimed.

"It's a little funny," I argued.

"Wait a minute. We can only get in trouble if they can recognize us..." Hank alluded.

"Hank?!" I questioned.

Hank removed his glasses and shifted into his beast form.

"I'm the abominable snowman!" Hank exclaimed excitedly.

"More like cookie monster..." I whispered.

"What was that?" Hank asked.

"Nothing," I said a little too quickly.

Hank swept me off my feet and placed me upon his shoulders. I ducked down to avoid hitting my head on the ceiling. He stepped out onto the deck. He tightened his grip on my legs and quickly jumped off the deck and into the snow.

"Wanna go terrorize some tourists?" Hank asked.

"I feel like I should say no, but I really do," I admitted.

Hank made his way to the window of one of the rooms and roared making the people inside literally jump. Hank then gave them a quick friendly wave and ran away.

Several Hours of Acting Like Children Later

We settled into bed just as an announcement chimed out through the entire town.

"The snow storm has passed and the roads have been paved. You are all free to go!"

Seconds later the phone started ringing. Hank sighed and pulled himself out of bed and walked over to the phone. He hesitated, but finally picked it up. He put the phone up to his ear and quickly pulled it away with a wince.

"Charles, it wasn't our fault"

"No- no we didn't use this as a second honeymoon"

"Yes, that does sound like something I'd do but-"

"Fine, fine we'll be on the next flight"

Hank set the phone down and looked over with a sad expression on his face.

"Time to go home?"

"I'm already home"

Several Hours Later

We walked into the school to find it very quiet. It also was empty in the main hall. Then I saw Erik come running down the stairs. Then he came falling down the stairs. He stood up and straightened out his clothes.

"Oh, you're back? I hadn't noticed," Erik spoke calmly.

"Sure, Erik, sure," I teased.

"We're back!" Hank announced.

Soon the rest of the team came down the stairs and we all gathered together.

"Attention teachers!"

Warren let out a loud fake cough.

"And Warren. The school year will be starting very soon, I'd advise you all to start preparing your lesson plans and circumlums!" Charles announced.