Chapter 78: Jumping, Collapsing, and Lying

Crimson's POV:

Erik jumped. He just jumped. The rope caught him and he slid across the line to the second building. 

"Well shit," I mumbled under my breath.

Against my better judgment, I jumped. There was a split second of that weightless feeling as I fell down into the abyss that is Vegas. Then I felt an uncomfortable jolt as the harness and rope stiffened, having reached their full length. I started to slid across the rope hovering high above the ground. I looked ahead at Erik and he was already looking at me. He raised up his hand and gave me a look.

"I could speed things up a bit," Erik stated suggestively. 

"ERIK NO!" I called out. 

"ERIK YES!" Erik yelled back. 

I noticed that Erik was getting very close to the wall. 

I should probably warn him, right?

Eh, he's not going that fast. I'm sure he'll be fine. 

"Oof," Erik called out when his body struck the wall. I started cracking up, but then so did Erik... why is he laughing?

My body slammed into the wall with heavy force. Erik stood nearby his back hunched over from laughing so hard. I took the harness off my body and Erik finally started to collect himself. 

"You alright fridge magnet?" I asked. 

"Just fine... bullet sponge," Erik replied.

"Bullet sponge? At least that would be useful..." I teased.

"I am an omega mutant," Erik defended. 

"You're an omega level child," I continued. 

"Oh yeah! Can a child do this?" Erik asked rushing over to the bar. He picked up a random person's shot and quickly downed it. 

"You think that's impressive?" I joked. I grabbed the person's other two shots and drank both of them at once. I raised my arms in triumph and puffed out my chest. 

The person whose shots we took started to get up, obviously very angry; for some reason. Erik and I shoved them back down into their seat. 

"You sure you wanna play this game?" Erik asked.

"You mean win this game?" I replied. 

"Bartender!" We called out in sync.

"I'll have FIVE shots!"

"I'll have SIX shots!"

"Make it SEVEN!"

"Make it EIGHT!"

"NINE!"

"TEN!"

"ELEVEN!"

"TWELVE!"

"I swear to god if one of you fuckers says another number..." A random person interjected. 

"THIRTEEN!"

"You know what, here! On the house! Please leave me alone," The bartender stated. He reached under the counter and placed a Forty ounce bottle of hard liquor on the bar counter. 

Erik and I both reached for the bottle at the same time. I got a hold of it first. I flicked the cap off and started to chug. I drank what felt like a gallon of liquor. I let the bottle release from my mouth, turns out I only drank about a third of it. 

Erik quickly grabbed the bottle from my hands. He gave me a quick smirk before raising the bottle up to his lips. He started to down the liquor like it was water. He drank the rest of the bottle.