Chapter 57

Logan's POV:

A Few Months Later

I laid in my bed unable to sleep. Out of frustration and boredom, I quietly pulled myself up and out of bed. I grabbed a hoodie and started walking around the school. I ended up in Cerebro just staring at the panels on the wall. I have absolutely no idea how this thing works or what exactly it does. Would it do anything if I used it? Charles wouldn't have to know if I just try it on real quick. I walked up to the helmet and carefully set it on my head and nothing happened. Cool, glad to know my brain isn't good enough. I laid down on the pathway and looked up at the dome surrounding me. I felt myself finally drifting off to sleep and I gladly gave in. 

Crimson's POV:

Ten Minutes Later

I woke up to the smell of something burning, the smell was incredibly strong. I sat up in bed and pulled the curtains open. I looked down in horror at the people watching as the school was burning down. Shit. Shit. What do we do? There's not enough time to get everyone out. PETER! I quickly scrambled out of bed and pushed my door open. The hallway was filled with thick black smoke and I tried my best to navigate to Peter's room. I finally made it and I was coughing up smoke. I pounded on his door to wake him up.

"FIRE! PETER! GET US OUT OF HERE!" I yelled. The door pushed open and Peter saw the smoke everywhere. He sped into his room and put his goggles on. 

Next thing I know we're all standing out on the lawn watching fire make its way further and further up the school. The fire cast a terrifying orange glow over all the surrounding area. I looked around on the lawn and noticed someone was missing. 

"Where's Logan? Where's my brother?" I asked looking around frantically. 

"I couldn't get him, he's stuck inside Cerebro," Peter spoke grimly. 

"No, no, I'm not leaving him, his powers haven't been working! He'll die in there!" I yelled. I started to run into the burning mansion. Several people yelled after me, but I kept running. 

I ran into the fire and did my best to dodge the falling pieces of the school. I raced through room after room until I finally arrived at Cerebro, to find the door firmly closed. I tried to leverage my body weight to pry the door open, but it didn't even budge. 

"LOGAN! LOGAN!" I called out. 

"BUB? YOU GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!" He replied with a deep cough. I looked down at my arms and watched as the skin burned and then healed itself, but each time it got slower and slower. I was losing energy and fast.

"I'M NOT LEAVING YOU!" I called out to him.

"I'M READY FOR IT, BUT YOU GOTTA GO! IT'S NOT YOUR TIME!" He responded.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR MY WEDDING LOGAN! I NEED YOU!" I replied coughing heavily. 

Erik's POV:

I was starting to get worried. Crimson had been gone too long. What if she got stuck? Her body can't take this much continuous healing. She'll die in there. I looked over at Scott. 

"What's Step Three of your plan again?" I asked.

"Try to make things right with a big gesture..." Scott answered. I walked over to Hank made him look me dead in the eyes. 

"You better take care of her! If you don't I swear I will come back and haunt your ass!" I threatened him. 

"Erik, what are you-" Hank started to ask before I turned on my heel.

"ERIK!" Charles screamed at me. 

"She can't heal forever..." I told them. 

"You'll die in there! Don't make us lose both of you!" My own son yelled.

"Erik please," Hank pleaded with me. 

"THIS IS MY FAULT AND I HAVE TO FIX IT! Whatever it takes," I informed the group. 

I ran towards the school and more importantly towards the blaze. I entered the school and I immediately felt the flames heat up my skin and burn it. I tried to stay focused and ignore the pain. I struggled to maneuver through the smoke and debris, but I know this school like the back of my hand. I made it to the basement level and I saw Crimson looking very weak, but still trying to pull the door open. 

"BUB, IT'S OKAY LEAVE ME TO REST! YOU'RE NOT READY TO DIE, I AM!" Logan called out to her. 

"NO, LOGAN I LOVE YOU!" Crimson replied.

"I LOVE YOU TOO AND THAT'S WHY I NEED YOU TO LIVE!" Logan pleaded. 

I pushed my way through the rubble and finally made it to Crimson. I wrapped both my arms tightly around her and I started to pull her away from the door. 

"Crimson, you need to go," I told her.

"I can't let him go," She responded solemnly. 

"ERIK? I NEED YOU TO PROTECT HER, GET HER-" Logan yelled out to me, but he suddenly stopped.

"LOGAN?" Crimson yelled out as I practically dragged her away. She wasn't strong enough to really fight me anymore. I noticed her power was split between healing both of us. Logan never responded. He was gone. 

Crimson fell weaker and weaker and I finally decided to just pick her up bridal style. Her powers weren't doing much for either of us now. I fought through the thick smoke and vibrant flames through the school. I was close to the front door now and I could see the way out. Just a little farther, just a few more steps. 

Hank's POV:

"Desiree I need you to focus, I know it's stressful, but focus on the water and where it needs to go," Charles coached.

"I'm trying," Desiree replied. I noticed some of the water in the lake was starting to move, but it wasn't much; it wasn't enough. 

I looked at the door to the school. Come on Erik, please. Please, save her. I watched as Erik slowly stepped out through the doorway with Crimson in his arms. THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN!

I started to run over to them and Erik kept slowly walking towards us. Erik's body finally gave in and he collapsed. SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! 

I have to get them further from fire, so she can heal. I ran toward them while switching into my beast form for extra speed and strength. I finally reached them, I quickly bent down and picked up one of them in each arm. I raced over to the rest of the group and I carefully laid their unconscious bodies on the ground. Now what? I just have to wait and hope?