Chapter 21

Crimson's POV:

I pulled on my red dress and did my hair. As much as I despise dresses, I will wear one for an occasion this special. I slipped my sandals on and made my way to the grounds. Everyone was gathered making the last-minute preparations for the wedding. Soon Peter, Raven, Erik, and Charles would arrive so we had to be quick.  

A nice arch had been set in front of Charles' favorite tree and a couple rows of chairs were set for the few guests. Peter's mom and sister had already taken their seats, nice to see his mom isn't going to make this awkward. Hank kept checking his pocket every few seconds to make the rings hadn't disappeared. Everyone started to take their seats while the others approached in the distance. Erik and Charles had their eyes closed and were being led over by Peter and Raven. Hank took his spot behind the arch to officiate the wedding. Raven and Peter successfully got Erik and Charles to their spots. Everything was set and it was time to begin. 

"You can open your eyes now," Hank instructed them. The two opened their eyes and took each other's hands and looked ready to cry. Hank went through all the necessary speech parts and the two began to exchange vows. 

"Charles, you always had faith in me. Even when you shouldn't have, you believed in me. I put you in that wheelchair, but you still loved me. Your kindness and love go unmatched and for that, I will always be grateful. I love you. "

"Erik, I knew from when we first met out in that ice-cold water that you were someone very special. Despite not knowing what to believe in you always loved me. Every time I enter your mind I am reminded of how amazing you are, inside and out. I love you."

The two were crying as were most of us. I look to Hank, who looked so handsome in his suit as he pulled the rings from his pocket. 

"Let these rings made from the helmet of Magneto show your bond and your love" Hank spoke before turning to Charles.

"Charles, do you take Erik to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do"

"And Erik do you take Charles to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do"

The two took the rings and slid them onto each other's fingers. 

"Then I pronounce you husbands"

The two shared a passionate kiss before turning to all of us, with the biggest grins on their faces. 

A little bit later

Unfortunately, Charles and Erik couldn't really have a proper first dance together. Instead, Charles had the wonderful idea of making Erik dance with Peter while everyone watched. The dance was quick and fun to watch as Erik tried to lead while Peter continued to step on his feet. Afterward, they invited everyone to the dance floor and I politely suggested that Scott ask Jean to dance, that didn't work so I just pushed him towards her. Peter danced with his mom and Lorna (Peter's little sister) danced with Erik. The others all paired up randomly. Hank walked over and stuck his hand out.

"May I have this dance?"

"Of course"

We went over to the dance floor and begin to gently sway to the music. The moment was peaceful and calm, something I had missed greatly. Hank looked a little nervous.

"Would you want to- uh get married someday?"

"Someday, yeah, you know for ah- tax purposes"

"Right, tax purposes, of course"

We laughed together breaking the tension. I glanced over and saw Scott and Jean share a kiss, finally. Logan approached us and held out his hand.

"Can I have this dance?" Logan asked.

"With Hank, of course," I spoke sarcastically.

"Don't leave me with him, he's gonna kill me," Hank said in a panic.

"I'd only kill you if you did something with my little sister," Logan threatened. Hank and I shared an uneasy glance and Logan caught on. Logan looked at me, "I'm just gonna have a talk with him". I left the two of them to their conversation. I looked to see who didn't have a dance partner and spotted Peter standing alone. He walked over and we began to dance or try to. Neither of us knew who to lead a dance, so it wasn't going too well.

"Can I ask you something?" Peter asked.

"You mean a second thing?" I joked.

"What's an ADHD? Dads said I had one," Peter questioned.

"It just means your brain moves at a different speed than most peoples," I explained. 

"What's Logan doing?" Peter asked.

"Oh, he's just killing Hank, you know big brother stuff," I told.

"Luckily, I don't have to worry about that yet, Lorna's still just my little princess," Peter said watching her dance with their mom.

Later that night

Erik stood at the front door with his and Charles' bags. He looked to the group and stared each of us down individually. 

"While I don't have faith that any of you can fully handle the responsibility, someone must be in charge while we go on our honeymoon. Raven and Logan watch the little psychopaths for me, and try not to burn the school down," Erik instructed before dramatically pushing both doors open and leaving. 

"Everybody go to bed!" Raven yelled.

"In your own room! ALONE!" Logan yelled looking directly at Hank. We all made our way to our own rooms and settled in for the night. I gladly removed the dress and uncomfortable shoes before flopping into bed in my pajamas. 

The next morning

I made my way to the kitchen to make some cereal. I had poured my cereal and my milk and opened the silverware drawer. Only to find a distinct lack of silver ware anywhere. I searched around the kitchen and found none. Why would somebody... Peter Maximoff. Is this his revenge for the mayo twinkie? I shrugged and grabbed a soup ladle.

"SILVERWARE!" I called out and soon Peter appeared. 

"Miss me?"

"Sure"

"Is that a soup spoon?"

"It's creativity, that's what it is. I'm disappointed in you Silverware, I expected a better prank from you"

"So you haven't seen the other thing yet?"

"What other thing? What did you do?"

Hank came flying down the stairs and made a beeline for Peter. He grabbed Peter by his jacket. I looked at Hank and saw the thick stubble that sat all around his mouth.

"Where did you hide all the razors? I CANNOT HAVE A GOATEE PETER!" Hank yelled.

"I think you're rockin' it buddy, you look like you're not allowed within 500 feet of a school," Peter teased. 

"Aren't we literally in a school?" I asked.

"Better hope I don't call the cops," Peter continued.

"I think they'd arrest you first. You're on how many watchlists?" Hank asked.

"So what if I'm not allowed to enter the state of Pennsylvania?" Peter went on. 

"I mean Erik's technically supposed to be in the Pentagon right now," Hank spoke.

"What-" I said in shock.

"You break into the pentagon one time and suddenly you're a threat to national security," Peter spoke in a mocking tone. 

"Four of the FBI's top most wanted list live here," Hank spoke. 

"What did you people do before I got here?" I asked. 

Hank and Peter shrugged and left the kitchen. 

What kind of school is this?