Chapter 50

Hank's POV:

I walked through the hallway and debated my next move. I should be with Crimson, in case she wakes up. However, after bringing someone back to life, she usually takes several hours to wake back up. So, I should have time to do something before she wakes up. Right? You know what, I'm gonna do it. 

I marched through the halls while transforming into the beast. I finally saw him and he was in the perfect spot for what I was gonna do. I crept up behind him and then grabbed him by his shirt and launched him over the balcony. He hit the floor with a loud crash and some of the floorboards around him cracked. Maybe I threw him a little too hard? 

"I should've expected this from you, Erik."

I walked away from the balcony and transformed back into myself. I went back to my room and thankfully Crimson was still fast unconscious. I gently sat down on the edge of the bed. She won't be mad right? 

Crimson's POV:

I was mad. At first, I didn't remember why I was mad or who I was mad at. Just that I was very mad. Then I remembered. Fucking Erik. I have never loved and hated the same person so much. I hope Hank is willing to give him a- uh- gentle push down some stairs. 

I opened my eyes and Hank was sitting on the edge of the bed and thankfully he looked okay. 

"We've gotta stop meeting like this," I joked. Hank turned his head and looked at me with a smile. 

"That would definitely be preferred," Hank spoke chuckling a bit. Someone knocked on the door and Hank and I both looked to the door in mild confusion. "Come in," Hank called out. The door slowly opened to reveal Charles looking perfectly unharmed. Looks like I succeeded. Charles walked inside the room and gently closed the door behind himself. 

"Thank you, for saving my life. I know your choice must have been incredibly difficult," Charles spoke in a gentle tone. Choice? Oh. So, Erik didn't tell him? I would love to enlighten his husband about what he did. 

"Charles, I didn't make a choice," I spoke firmly. Charles looked deeply confused. "Look into my mind Charles, see what really happened," I added. Charles' face showed a mix of confusion and concern. Nevertheless, Charles raised his fingers to his temple and focused. I watched the memory as Charles looked at it. Charles dies, I hold the King captive, I spot all the cameras, Andrew speaks in my mind, Scott tries to kill him, Hank and Scott wrestle on the ground, Erik moves my knife and kills the King, I save Charles, I punch Erik, and then I pass out. Charles looked me in the eyes. 

"I am so sorry," Charles spoke sounding like he was on the brink of tears. 

"Don't be all you did was die," I reassured him.

"Never gonna get used to that," Hank whispered.

"I'll have word with my husband, what would you two like to do?" Charles questioned. Hank cleared his throat and we turned to him.

"I- I might've thrown him off a balcony..." Hank spoke while rubbing his hand against the back of his neck. 

"This is why I love you," I said. 

"Really? This is why you love him?" Charles asked looking a little alarmed. 

"I mean other reasons too, but having the confidence to throw Magneto off a balcony is also very nice," I spoke. 

"Anyways, Crimson what do you want to do with my husband?" Charles spoke trying to steer the conversation back to its original direction. I thought about it. What do I want to do? Well, seeing as Erik is secretly a big ol' softy I think the worst thing I could do is to just hate him and make sure he knows that I hate him. 

"I'll deal with him on my own," I answered. Charles looked confused and Hank seemed slightly worried. 

"Just keep the fighting away from the kids," Charles spoke firmly. Right, the kids. Jubilee is a saint for spending close to six hours in a locked room with 200 children. 

"Is everything cleaned up?" I asked. 

"Yes, and Scott has removed all the TVs so they won't see the news and we've canceled our subscription to every newspaper. The kids won't know until they leave here," Charles reassured before leaving the room. I turned to Hank and looked him in the eyes. 

"I'm gonna go find Erik"

"Want some backup?"

"No, I have to do this alone"

"Good luck"

I searched around the school before finally finding Erik sitting on a couch in one of the many lounges. I took in his messy state. His clothes had been ripped and torn, he had bruises all over his arms, his hair was completely messed up, he had little pieces of wood sticking out of his legs, and his nose had been broken. He looked up at me and I saw that his eyes were red and puffy. 

"Lehnsherr."

"Crimson, I am so sorry-"

"Sorry you did it or sorry I hate you?"

A deafening silence filled the room. His silence told me everything he couldn't.

"I'm mad you killed him, that was your choice. I'm mad you did it in a way that makes the whole world think I did it. You could've killed him and taken credit for it and there wouldn't really be a problem between us. However, because of you, the world wants me dead and I am the symbol for why mutants need to be exterminated," I spoke coldly and free of emotion. 

"I made a mistake"

"Tell me something I don't know"

"I wasn't thinking. I was blinded by my emotions. I should have done it differently," Erik spoke tearing up again. 

"What's done is done. Now, what will you do to fix this?"

"Whatever it takes."

I started to walk out of the room, but I paused in the doorway. I thought about turning around but decided against it. 

"I still love you, Erik, never doubt that"

"I love you too"