Chapter 33

Crimson's POV:

I felt physically exhausted after a day of actual work. Hank needed some more mechanical help building a new plane while he figured out the science of it all. We'd spent hours working non-stop on building this thing and it was coming along quite nicely. I glanced down at my watch and saw that surprise surprise it was 1:27 am. I set the drill down the table and took my gloves off. I looked over at Hank who stood in front of a huge whiteboard that was covered in math and diagrams of engines. 

"Haaank," I called out. He didn't seem to notice or at least he didn't care. "Haaank!" I called out a little louder this time. He just stood still staring at his whiteboard. I unzipped the top part of my coveralls and tied the sleeves around my waist before approaching him. I reached out and took the marker from his hand and finally got his attention. He jumped a little bit before relaxing. 

"Is everything alright?" Hank asked concerned. 

"It's 1:30 in the morning, we need to sleep Hank," I spoke. 

"I've almost figured this out-"

"Hank..."

"I'll be done within the hour, I promise"

"Fine, but I'll drag you to bed if you're not there by 2"

"Deal"

Despite not really believing him I went to our room. I slipped off the coveralls and took a quick shower to get all the grime off me. I checked the clock while getting into bed, 1:53 am he better hurry. I got into a comfortable position and it was over for me, I was out in under a minute. 

Around Four Hours Later

I woke up randomly and glanced out the window, it was still dark out. I looked up at the clock, why the fuck was I awake at 5:41 am? I felt around the other side of the bed to find it cold and empty. Oh, there's no way. Still in my pajamas, I headed down the stairs, careful to not wake anyone. I made my way to where we were working and low and behold Hank still stood at the whiteboard, exactly as I left him. I picked up a small bolt and threw it at his back. He immediately turned around confused before seeing me. His head drooped down in defeat.

"It's past 2 isn't it?" Hank asked quietly.

"It's almost 6"

"Oh god, I am so sorry. I just got sucked into my work and I lost track of time and-"

"Hank it's fine, just come with me now this can wait a few hours"

"Thank you"

I reached my hand out and he took it. We walked out of the room and started towards our room. Hank caught sight of a window and I could see the plan form in his head. He stopped us and turned to face me. 

"You know it's not often you get to watch the sunrise and I'm not even sleepy"

"But we go to bed right after"

"Yep"

Despite my better judgment, I went along with his idea. Hank pulled me with him outside and we sat down on the grass. The sun was just starting to rise and it was pretty beautiful. Hank wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. We sat in comfortable silence as the sun slowly rose and lit up the sky. I felt Hank's headrest on mine and soon he started to softly snore. Not sleepy my ass. I mean at least he's finally asleep. The sun had fully risen and it was bright outside, but I was still so tired. I gave in and fell asleep. 

An hour later

I felt myself being moved and I slowly opened my eyes. I saw Hank's face as he carried me, I assume to our room. He looked exhausted himself, he had large bags under his eyes and his stubble was more grown in than usual. Hank noticed me waking up and he looked down with a small smile. 

"You're safe with me, go back to sleep"

"What about you?"

"I'll sleep too, now close your eyes, Crim, I've got you"

I did as he said and closed my eyes. The gentle movement of being carried put me right back to sleep. 

Six Hours Later

I woke up once again held in Hank's arm in our room. I looked up at the clock and saw it was past 1 pm. Time to get up, I guess. I slowly and carefully slipped out of Hank's grasp and quietly left the room. I walked to the kitchen in my pajamas and found Erik elbow deep in the fridge. He heard me come in and turn to face me. He examined my pajamas with distaste. 

"It's the afternoon."

"I know Erik"

"Are you alright, you know mentally?"

"As good as I can be considering the circumstances"

"Then put real pants on before Charles calls a therapist"

Erik walked out of the kitchen and I made some tea. I double-checked that it had caffeine in it and then brewed it. I very carefully went back to our room with two mugs of tea in hand and somehow avoided spilling any. I slowly opened the door and Hank was still passed out in the bed. I set my tea down on my nightstand and then went over to his side of the bed. 

"Bones, it's time to wake up," I spoke softly. He stirred a little but didn't wake up. "Bones, we have to get up now," I spoke a little louder than before and he opened his eyes slowly. "Morning Hank".

"Good morning Crimson," Hank spoke in his rough morning voice. Hank sat up and I gave him his tea. I walked around the bed and sat on my side and drank my tea. Slowly but surely the caffeine started to kick in and began to properly wake up and feel energized again. 

"New rule, we both have to be in bed by midnight"

"Agreed"