Chapter 44

Crimson's POV:

Charles had called all of us to the lounge for an announcement. I'm not sure what they'd be announcing. Was Charles pregnant? Wait no. Is Erik pregnant?

"Nobody is pregnant," Charles spoke in my head. 

Relieved I took my seat in the lounge and soon everyone had arrived. It was still very weird to see Charles just walking around. 

"As you all know, humans don't exactly take too well to being around mutants and mutants need special help with their powers. So, we've decided to make this into a proper school for mutants. Younger mutants will be taught a regular education as well as a special mutant education." Charles announced. Everyone looked surprised and confused. 

"Who's gonna teach them?" Peter asked. 

"We will. All of us," Erik answered and everyone grew more confused. 

"We've already made the choices as to what each of you will be teaching. I will be teaching English. Erik will be teaching human history. Hank will be teaching science. Peter will be teaching PE. Logan will be teaching mutant history. Scott will be teaching math. Crimson will be teaching engineering. Jean will be teaching art. Kurt will be teaching life skills." Charles continued. Everyone seemed to ponder their class. They all fit each of us pretty well. 

"Students and classes will be separated into tiers by age. Tier 1 ages 5 to 7. Tier 2 ages 9 to 11. Tier 3 ages 12 to 14. Tier 4 ages 15 to 17. Tier 5 ages 18 or older. Make your classes appropriate for each individual Tier. In addition to your regular class, each of you will be assigned a group of students to help with controlling and utilizing their abilities. Those classes are sorted by abilities, not Tiers." 

"So, each student will be taking 10 classes. They will alternate between schedules of taking classes 1 through 5 one day and then 6 through 10 the next. It is your job to get your classrooms and curriculums ready for the fall."

"Also, you will be sent out in pairs to recruit hard to reach, but in need potential students."

"Keep in mind, while King Andrew hasn't done anything lately he is still very much a threat to all of us and soon to our students. We have to keep our guards up and continue our own training."

Then Charles pulled a map out and laid it down on the table. The map had the layout of the whole school and each of its many floors. 

"Floor 1 is administrative stuff, medbay, cafeteria, kitchens, laundry rooms, etc. Floors 2 and 3 will be all of our classrooms, I'm going to knock down some walls to make them a more appropriate size. Floors 4, 5, and 6 will be all the students' bedrooms. And floor 7 will be our bedrooms." Erik spoke pointing around the massive map. Great, we all have to move rooms again. 

"Just like in their classes their rooms will also be sorted out by Tier. Floor 4 is for Tiers 1 and 2 and they will be sharing rooms in pairs. Floor 5 is for Tier 3's and they will have individual rooms. Floor 6 is for Tiers 4 and 5 and they will also get individual rooms. Student bedrooms will not have locks, but ours will."

"We will also be recruiting a mutant to work in the cafeteria and prepare everyone's meals. She should arrive a week before the students."

Later that day

I was assembling the tables for my classroom will Charles walked in. He silently observed for a while before breaking the silence. 

"I need you and Hank to speak a particularly troublesome mutant. He could really use our help, but he is a bit abrasive. He's a Tier 5 and he is somewhat injured, the injury renders his mutation unuseable. However, he is a little different because he has a history with one of us and it isn't exactly a good one."