Chapter 62

MUST READ NOTE:

The second time we see Crimson's POV this chapter there will be hallucinations. Slight spolier, I know. The hallucinations deal with very serious and difficult topics. Each one is marked with the appropriate trigger warning, please be safe. The only one you really have to read is the last one, which has no triggering topics. 

Crimson's POV:

"Guilty!" The audience answered loudly. Kirk seemed very pleased with the answer. 

"Those who are guilty must be punished, today that punishment comes by my hand!" Kirk announced to the roar of the crowd. I looked over and saw Hank and Warren conversing. Everything will be alright, the plan is working fine. Kirk pulled out a large knife and held it up to my neck. I took the opportunity to spit in his face. He gave me a creepy smile and he slit my throat. The blood began to pour out and my consciousness began to fade. The world started to blur and I watched as Kirk grabbed a large ax and swung it towards my chest. Then darkness. 

Hank's POV:

I watched on in horror as Kirk pushed the head of the ax deeper and deeper inside her chest. He had this sickening grin on his face. Everything is fine. This is the plan, this is supposed to happen. Don't panic, just relax will you watch your fiancee get pulverized. 

Kirk concluded his show and the crowd began to disperse. I approached the stage to collect Crimson's body, but Kirk's friends blocked my path. They had bullet-proof vests on and were armed with assault rifles. Shit. I need her body or this won't work. Kirk noticed what was happening and walked over. 

"Shows over, go home," He spoke.

"I want the body," I told him.

"No deal, you gave her to me. Her body is mine to have, thanks to you," Kirk replied. His men raised their guns at us. Fuck. What do I do? I looked at the stage and her body was already gone. Shit. Shit. What now? I nodded at Kirk and walked back to the car. I quickly got inside and Warren followed my lead. 

"She can escape where ever they put her, right?" Warren asked.

"I hope so," I answered half-heartedly. 

"We'll do whatever we have to," Warren added. 

Victor Kirk's POV:

A Few Hours Later

I looked over in awe of her attached to my machine. First, we give her some really bad dreams, then we manipulate her trust. They betrayed her and I saved her. This will be easy and then I'll have my mutant slayer. I programmed the machine and turned it on. Her body instantly stiffed and soon she began to cry out in terror. Look like it's working. 

Crimson's POV:

I was sitting on the ledge of a building in New York City with Erik. The view was spectacular, all the lights lit up the dark sky. We sat in peace over a moment when I looked over at Erik there was this bright green dot on his chest. I looked up and saw a police helicopter. 

"ERIK! MOVE!" I yelled out. He didn't respond fast enough. I moved his body as quickly as I could, but the bullet still hit him. It avoided his chest, but it was lodged in his shoulder. 

"Help me god damn it!" Erik yelled at me. I tried to focus on healing him, but it didn't work. His wound didn't close and the blood kept coming. "You're so useless! Can't even help your best friend?!" Erik yelled in my face. 

"I'm trying, just give me a minute," I replied. I focused again and nothing happened. Erik stood up and I got up with him. With his good arm, he shoved down hard onto the ground.