Chapter 4

Crimson's POV:

I woke up and panicked not recognizing where I was. Then it all hit me dying, school, moving, meeting with Hank, SHIT meeting with Hank at 9. I glanced up at my clock it was 8 am, thank god. I got up and took a shower making sure to wash all the blood off, don't need to remind Hank of my death. I threw on some fresh clothes and looked at the clock 8:45. Well, we're in the same building 15 minutes should be plenty of time. Right?

I left my room and realized that I didn't know how to get back to the ground floor since Kurt teleported me up here. I was looking around when I bumped into someone, I glanced up and it was Erik. Let's hope he keeps his little vow of silence. 

"You lost again?" Erik asked his voice deeper than I expected.

"Yes, now are you gonna help or keep judging me?" I asked very aware of how close I was to being late. Erik just smirked and I started to be lifted off the ground and lowered down the balcony while Erik watched. He held me a few feet off the ground before dropping me. I got up and flipped him off.

"You asked for my help," Erik scoffed. Note to self never ask Erik for help again or talk to Erik. I walked off in the somewhat familiar direction of the lab. I actually made it there and I was proud of myself until I saw a clock in the hallway that read 9:01. Damn it. 

I pushed the lab door open and saw something I wasn't expecting. It was Hank passed out leaned over on one of the labs' tables pieces of paper scattered around him and a pen halfway in his hand. I kinda want to let him be, but Charles said to be here and it is kinda my first day here. I walked toward Hank and gently nudged his shoulder.

"Hank, buddy it's time to wake up," I said softly trying to wake him gently. His eyes slowly started to open. Slowly he raised his head from the table and looked at me while wiping the drool off his face. 

"What- what time is it?" He asked stuttering slightly. 

"A couple minutes past 9" I replied.

"I'm sorry I was supposed to be ready at 9," Hank said stretching.

"Hank, how late were you up?" I asked him.

"When I went to refill my water the sun was either rising or setting," Hank said ashamed.

"Hank, that's not okay," I told him.

"What happened to you?" Hank asked pointing to the dust on my pants. I knew he was trying to steer the conversation away from his poor excuse for a sleep schedule, but I decided to let it go.

"This is what Erik considers help," I said laughing a little.

"Yeah, that sounds like him" Hank replied seeming more awake now. "Why did you need his help? "

"I didn't know where the stairs were and I didn't want to be late coming here," I told him.

"If you didn't know where the stairs were how did you get up there?" Hank asked confused.

"Kurt" I replied.

"Ah, I see, well let's get started with your tests," Hank said while getting his clipboard. "Please take a seat and put your arm on the table," Hank said suddenly in his professional mode. The clipboard must mean it is business time. I did as he asked and waited for the next step. Hank went off to grab something and came back with a small box. He pulled out a blue elastic strip, a cotton pad, rubbing alcohol, and a needle. The sight of the needle caused me to quickly pull my arm away and hold it close to my body. Please no needles. God, why is it always needles? Hank quickly took notice of the sudden movement and his face softened. "Are you okay?" Hank asked in a soft tone.

"I- I just really hate needles especially for blood draws," I told him struggling a little with my words. Hank put the needle on a different table and sat down facing me. He looked me dead in the eyes, I didn't know he could maintain eye contact.

"It's gonna be alright, I'll make sure everything goes smoothly. Okay? You'll be safe. I promise, " Hank said. I slowly put my arm back on the table trying my best to stay calm. 

"Hank, uh if you can" I stuttered out trying to stay calm. "Can I take your hand?" I asked. That was stupid. He's going to think I'm weak. This was so dumb. Why do I speak?

"Yeah, of course," Hank said with a smile. Wait what. He's gonna do it. I placed my right arm in the right position, stuck my left hand out, and closed my eyes not wanting to see the needle again. 

I could feel him tie the elastic band around my upper arm. Then he rubbed the cotton pad on my arm to sterilize the area. Fuck, here it comes. Don't tense up, it hurts more. Then I felt the needle slide in, and finally, Hank took my left hand. I squeezed his hand tight but tried to make sure I didn't hurt him. 

"Just get married already," a voice said, I recognized it, fucking Erik. 

"I could say the same to you, but you're too chicken to propose," I said. I could hear Hank quietly chuckle next to me. I heard the lab door close and Erik's footsteps fade away. 

"Alright I have to take the needle out now," Hank said and he let go of my hand. At least this is almost over. "Okay, the needle is out and put away now," Hank told me. I opened my eyes and saw several vials of my blood on the table and Hank smiling down at me before looking away again. 

"Thank you, Hank," I said after all he did make this whole thing a lot easier. 

"No problem and now we get to the fun part," Hank said while putting a drop of my blood on a glass slide and putting it under a microscope. He looked intently into the microscope while simultaneously taking notes. 

We took turns looking at the sample and experimenting with adding different things to it to see how it would react. Well, Hank did most of the science while I watched in amusement. This pattern went on for a few hours. 

The science pattern was broken by Hank's loud yawn. I took a good look at him and the heavy bags under his eyes. He needed some sleep and soon. I had an idea that might convince him. 

"Hank, I've got a proposal for you," I said catching his attention.

"And what might it be?" He asked.

"You show me where the stairs are and then I make sure you get to your room for a nap," I said folding my arms. He hesitated and looked about to protest or give me some spiel on why he's not tired or needs to keep working. Then he just nodded and took off his lab coat. I walked to the door and held it open, "After you" I said. 

I followed Hank and eventually made it to the stairs. He seemed to know exactly where he was going despite this place being a maze. 

"My room is on the third floor," Hank as we made our way up the stairs. 

"Mine too," I said. We arrived at the third floor and I saw him to his room. "Room 306, Henry McCoy" I read the sign out loud. Hank turned back to face me.

"Charles was always one for formalities, please stick to Hank," Hank said half-asleep. I nodded in agreement. 

"Well, I'll see you later Hank," I said turning around in search of something to do.