Chapter 37

Crimson's POV:

I woke up far too early, but I couldn't go back to sleep. Also, I don't want to experience a wake-up call from Erik ever again. So, I made the choice to get up and start my day at 5 am. I walked downstairs and Erik was already dressed and eating breakfast. Is he okay? Is he broken? Do I need to change his batteries? Back in prison, we had no clocks so I didn't know he woke up at ungodly hours. 

"There's coffee and eggs," Erik spoke with a mouthful of food. 

I made my plate and poured my coffee while Erik shoveled food into his mouth. I sat down and we ate in silence. Erik decided to remind me of his impatient nature and as soon as he was done eating, he decided I was done too. He swooped in and grabbed my plate and mug. 

"We have to train," Erik explained while pouring my coffee down the drain. 

"I don't know what Charles sees in you," I spoke.

"My handsome face of course," Erik spoke in his cocky tone. 

"Handsome is definitely not the word I'd use," I retorted. 

Erik rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm pulling me outside. He pulled me all the way into the neighboring woods. He then placed a weird-looking rifle-type weapon into my hands. 

"I'm going to count to 100 and you're going to run or hide and then we try to find and shoot each with these paintball guns. When one of us gets hit we switch and keep going," Erik explained. Erik then turned into a tree and started counting. I took off into the forest and found a suitable tree. I took the strap from the paintball gun and wrapped it around the other side of the tree before using it to climb up. I went up a good distance and then wrapped my legs firmly around the tree and then I looked down and waited. Soon I spotted Erik and waited until I got a clear shot before firing. I hit him in the chest and he looked around in confusion. I decided to mess with him and I dropped down to the ground causing him to jump out of his skin. 

"I let you win," Erik said. 

"Then why'd you jump?" I teased. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," 

"You leaped like a like girl"

"I did not"

"Yes you did"

"No, I didn't"

"If you had seen yourself, you would have made fun of you"

"I just did that to make you feel better"

"Whatever, it's your turn you stupid fridge magnet," I teased before turning and starting to count. After counting I moved through the forest looking in every direction trying to spot that cocky motherfucker. I spotted Erik's shirt barely sticking out of a ditch. I snuck around and fired at him. Turns out it was a distraction and Erik fired from behind a nearby tree. I turned around and Erik stood smug and shirtless. 

Now I could be the bigger person and give him his shirt, but that's not nearly as fun. I raised my gun and Erik's smug smile immediately disappeared. I fired as quickly as I could at his bare torso. He took off running and I chased him for miles through the trees. I finally ran out of paint pellets and we called a truce after both getting covered in bright-colored paint. 

When we got back home we both went our separate ways and showered off the paint. I went back downstairs to get some dinner and Erik was already in the kitchen. He was shirtless and still glistening from his shower. I looked at all the welts that covered him and smiled to myself. Erik turned around and saw me smiling. 

"Does my suffering make you happy?"

"Yes, very"

"Ah, so my plan is working"

"Plan? I didn't think you had the ability to plan"

"I'm going to let you hurt me physically until your better mentally"

"Erik, that's not fair. You can't really hurt me back"

"You're already hurt, your abilities only protect your body, and besides I know you're enjoying this"

Erik gestured to his body and I made an exaggerated face of disgust. 

Logan's POV:

"So my little sister and Erik are gone and no one has any idea where they are? Do we even know if they're together? What if the government finds them and locks them up again?" I asked the group. Everyone else held their heads down in shame and sadness. I looked to the cause of all this and he still couldn't look me in the eyes. 

"I'm trying to get my abilities back and then we can use Cerebro," Charles explained. 

"She didn't want to be found, even if we get to her she probably wouldn't come back home," Captain Sunglasses spoke. 

"This is all your fault!" The fast guy yelled at the little bitch. 

"I had no choice," The little bitch muttered. 

"Don't you dare try to play it like that! You know damn well you had a choice!" I yelled at him. 

"The man who took my memories said he would kill her if I didn't get her to leave here for good. Said we were all holding her back and that she needs to be alone," The little bitch explained. 

"He's telling the truth," Jean spoke. 

Crimson's POV:

We were sitting at the table eating breakfast when someone started banging on the door. Erik and I looked at each other confused. 

"Erik Lehnsherr?" Someone called out from outside. 

Erik cautiously approached the door and I slid a pocket knife into my pants, just in case. Erik opened the door and we spotted two police officers with their metal-free guns drawn. 

"Great you're both here, we found the deed under one of your fake names Mr. Lehnsherr. It will be much easier if you both comply and let us take you back," One of the officers spoke. 

"Sorry, we don't really do things the easy way," I said. Erik used his powers to stab one officer and I stabbed the other. We each picked up one body and a shovel and headed to the woods. 

"How did they figure out that this was my house?" Erik questioned. We set the bodies down on the forest floor and started to dig. 

"I don't know, but we should get moving then. More officers will come and if they know about this place we don't know who else will find us," I explained sadly. 

"Fine we'll leave tomorrow night and we'll have to find somewhere else," Erik spoke sounding upset. We continued to dig until the hole was nice and deep. We took the money from the officers' wallets and their keys and then dumped them into the hole. Then we dumped the dirt back on top and went back home. Then we drove their car into a nearby lake and threw the keys in after. Finally, it was time to go home and sleep.