Chapter 10

Crimson's POV:

I was suddenly woken up to a knock on the door.

"Crimson?" Charles called out. I started to wake up when I realized I wasn't alone in my bed. My head was laying on Hank's chest, our arms were wrapped around each other, and our legs were tangled together. The room reeked of alcohol.

"Hank. Hank wake up! Charles is here," I whispered at him. His eyes slowly opened and then went wide in shock. 

"Crimson, I need to speak with you," Charles called out. Hank and I pulled apart from each other, I could feel heat rise up to my cheeks. 

"Glasses, where are my glasses?" Hank asked frantically.

"I threw them on the floor when you fell asleep," I explained. Hank spotted them and grabbed them and quickly put them on. "Quick, hide in the bathroom!" I told him. 

"Crimson, I'm coming inside," Charles stated. Hank poked his head out from the bathroom.

"Don't think about me being here, think about something else. Like uh- bones," Hank frantically spoke before closing himself in the bathroom. Bones? Really Hank. I couldn't think of anything else so I thought really hard about bones as the door opened and Charles rolled inside. 

"Good afternoon Crimson, I wanted to speak with you in person. Tomorrow a group of us are going to break another mutant out of a secured facility. Scott said you seemed ready for a mission, but I wanted to ask would you like to join us?" Charles asked. 

"Yeah, a mission sounds great! What time do we leave?" 

"Be down in the hanger at 2 am, we want to surprise the people running this facility" 

"Sounds great"  

"Oh, since it's your first time we'll need to get you fitted for a flight suit. If you'll come with me to the lab Hank should be there to get the measurements," Charles went on. Well, Hank is actually hungover and in my bathroom. Wait no. Think about bones. The foot bones connected to the leg bone. The leg bones connected to the knee bone. I glanced up and saw Charles waiting by the stairs. I rushed over. Hank better find a way down there. 

Charles connected his wheelchair to a rail on the staircase and started his descent. We made our way to the lab. My mind switching between Hank and bones. I slowly pushed the door to the lab open and saw Hank was there. Granted he looked worse for wear. His clothes were wrinkled and crumpled. His hair was messy and unkempt. He even had a bit of stubble on his face. 

"Afternoon Hank! Would you mind making a flight suit for Crimson, she agreed to go on our little rescue mission?" Charles said loudly and enthusiastically causing Hank to wince a little. Between the loud voices and bright lights, he's gotta be miserable. 

"Yeah, I don't mind let me just get the measuring tape," Hank spoke reaching into a drawer pulling out a small measuring tape. I stood up straight wondering if Charles was planning on leaving any time soon. Instead, Charles sat there watching with a smile. He doesn't know, right?

Hank approached me with the tape measure. First measuring the length of my leg. Then he wrapped the tape measure around my calf measuring and muttering the number to himself. Then he looked at me his face bright red. I was confused as to why. Then he wrapped the tape measure around my upper thigh and soon I turned bright red too, feeling his hands gently maneuver around the area. He got the number and moved his hands away, slowly exhaling when he had moved away. He moved up and measured my hips and then my waist. 

"Could you raise your arms?" Hank asked. 

I did as he asked. Then he wrapped the tape measure around my chest his hands slightly shaking. 

"Just think about bones" I jokingly whispered. He smiled and his hands steadied. 

He went on to measure my arms and shoulders. 

"Alright, we're all done," Hank said putting the tape measure on a nearby table. 

"Hank, I trust you'll have everything ready in time," Charles spoke reminding me that he just watched everything. 

"Yeah, I have everything set up," Hank answered. 

"So, I'm cool to leave now," I asked. The two men nodded and I graciously left that situation. I had almost made it back to my room when I was corned by Peter. 

"Wanna tell me why I had to rush Hank out of YOUR room today?" Peter asked. At this Scott burst out of his nearby room and practically sprinted over. 

"You guys hooked up?! Now I owe Alex twenty bucks," Scott said loudly.

"What?! No Scott we didn't hook up. He just accidentally slept over," I explained.

"So, you didn't sleep in the same bed?" Peter asked.

"Well, yes but it wasn't like that," I answered.

"And when I caught you sneaking out of his room at 4 am the other night, that also wasn't what it looked like?" Peter went on. Scott's jaw dropped. 

"You did what now?" Scott asked surprised.

"That uh- was also not what it looked like," I spoke.

"Then what was it?" Peter questioned. 

"I- I had a nightmare and knew he wouldn't make fun of me for it," I answered.

"But what about me? I mean I am your best friend," Scott bragged. 

"I'll go to you next time," I assured him.

"Fine, we'll let you off the hook this time," Peter said.

"But, we're watching you two," Scott threatened. They finally moved aside and let me pass and finally go to my room.