Change

Kinkade came back from his morning run seeing everyone was already up and training with each other practicing hand to hand, no weapons. It was easier now to train than in the dirt and was actually able to be supervised and being able to point out mistakes.

He saw Lance training against keith as they were bantering against each other but it was obviously playful as Keith moved to the side to avoid lances punch but grabbed his wrist to pull the Cuban down to the ground, holding his wrist behind his back.

"God dammit keith you have freakish alien strength, no fair!" Lance whined hitting the ground to call him off.

"You don't have to be strong to win a fight dumbass," Keith helped him up.

"You're to obvious with your attacks, clumsy too," he told his teammate and saw kinkade walking past them to get a water.

"Just need to be smoother and try not being so Lance about it," Keith smirked a little. Lance nodded with a small huff as he put his fists up ready to go again.

Kinkade sipped his water as a minute later Lance was down again with a yell. Keith looked down at him innocently as Lance wheezed with the wind knocked out.

"You did it again," Keith cocked his head to the side.

"Bad advice," lance wheezed from the ground.

"You are more obvious, stay lighter on your feet and slid more than jump, think ahead," kinkade walked over to them as Lance pushed himself off the ground.

He motioned to Keith to get into a position, Keith crouched a little with his hands up. In slow motion kinkade made a slow punch at keith to avoid easily, he moved to the side from the punch but let out a cry when kinkade quickly used the same hand that missed to grab the back of his neck shove him forward with the pilot behind him.

"You can miss but you have to be fast to not miss again," kinkade told Lance calmly as Keith was on his knees unamused.

"Alright," lance agreed not giving up yet.

Keith rubbed his neck as he stepped to the side for Kinkade to help out lance and correct him.

Lance put his hands up as well as kinkade, the mfe went to attack but lance dodged, he saw kinkade move his foot to kick but lance caught him and shoved him back. Kinkade used the motion of falling to grab lances shoulders and flip him over.

Lance grunted again as he hit the ground hard.

"Better," kinkade smiled offering his hand.

"To get them to the ground faster with that tactic, put your foot behind their ankle, gives them less time to counter attack," kinkade explained as lance grabbed his hand to be pulled up.

"Sorry I'm more use to long range so my combats not the best," lance blushed embarrassed.

"That's why we'll practice, you'll get it," Ryan offered a gentle smile of reassurance. Their hands stayed for a moment from the little lift, lance immediately pulled his hand away and hid them behind his back when he saw Veronica enter the room.

"Oh good your all training again," Veronica smiled at her brother brightly.

"Yea Keith and I were getting back into the mind set of hand to hand," lance smiled as he went over by Keith.

Ryan's heart dropped like he was just slapped in the face. There was a shift in the air immediately from when lance saw his sister, but they were close... he was being stupid in his head, lance wasn't interested in men. Not him.

"I'm going to go find Griffin, excuse me," Kinkade nodded off to them and walked to the exit, his couldnt help but look back at lance. He was watching him looking just as sad that he was leaving.

The door shut behind him as kinkade left them behind to find his own captain.

"Griffin I need to talk to you, it's important," kinkade rubbed his face going into his cabin he shared with his team.

All of them were in the room.

"Uh oh spill," Rizavi set her book down with a smile.

"Wrong room," he turned around as James smiled sitting up while Ida was washing her face in the girls bathroom.

"Aye aye no, come back, what's wrong?" Griffin waved him back in.

"Boy trouble?" Ida asked flatly. He shrugged closing the door.

"Do you think he's..." Ryan sat with Rizavi on her bed as they sat all together.

"From what I heard he was a real ladies man, always flirting with girls and dated a few," Rizavi looked at him with a shrug. The blond and brunette looked at her shaking their heads.

"I thought he might've.. maybe liked me back, he's so comfortable with being around me a-and we got personal... he slept against me once," kinkade covered his face embarrassed leaning against his hands.

"Ehhh-I... I got a confession," James raised his hand nervously as they were all curious.

"What?" Rizavi asked.

"I heard some rumors when lance and I were in class together, as cadets," he curled his toes and clenched his fists uncomfortable.

"Uh oh he's a slut isn't he," Ida said sarcastically.

"Ha no uh he... fuck, he changes when he's around his family, acts like a saint and could do no wrong," Griffin rubbed his face stressfully looking at them finally.

"Don't we all?" Rizavi frowned.

"I think he was sheltered and his parents love him since he's the youngest child so like, they were more uhhh... Veronica was the black sheep from what I heard, not very liked in their family," Griffin continued but no one understood what he was getting too.

"Dude just get on with it,"

"They're homophobic, I think,"

Everyone's jaw dropped.

"I said I think!"

"Veronica is gay, as soon as she moved out and was sure she wasn't going to go back since she was successful here she came out and from what she told me it was bad, and lance watched it all since he was the only one home," Griffin inhaled deeply and kinkade looked at the ground confused.

"So he could be gay but scared?" Rizavi asked scooting closer nudging kinkade.

"It's from what I've heard over the years and having personal missions with Veronica, it's just making sense to me now cause I'm guessing he after different with his sister," Griffin nodded slowly and watched his friend.

"But I could be wrong, he could be gay, he might not be, only way you'll know is if you ask, take a shot," he smiled softly but kinkade shook his head.

"I dont think I can, he doesn't owe me an explanation, it's not my business and if he's not gay then that's that, I don't wanna make him uncomfortable, I don't wanna lose him as my friend," kinkade sighed softly.

"Kinkade... you shouldn't hide this, you like him," Rizavi pursed her lips sympathetically.

"I rather have him as my friend and not tell him, honestly I never met anyone like him and made me feel so..." he gulped a little.

The three looked at each other as their friend was thinking about it all. They knew but they rather have him just figure it out, he didn't need to be overwhelmed with all of them telling him what to do and feel.

"Take it day by day, maybe he'll tell you himself, I only got it from rumors man," Griffin nodded as he got up from the bed.

Shiro frowned a little hearing the pilots as he passed their room and couldn't help but listen on why they were talking about his Paladin.  But that was news to him...